Author Topic: Is any one currently writing/or written a non published survival book  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Whisky Mike

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Just like the tital says is any one writing a short story or full book bassed on survival situations. Prime example of such would be the survival podcast favorite 299 days

Offline jhull87

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Is any one currently writing/or written a non published survival book
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »
I'm actually messing around with a story right now. My problem seems to be I'm most creative between drink 2 and 3 at night lol. So it's a short widow. I'm up to about 12 pages right now.

Offline SYCABO

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 03:37:57 PM »
My wife has written one, though it doesn't really sit in the Light's Out, 299 Days, Coming Home style.  It's more along the lines of The Road, where the USA has already fallen, and the children who witnessed are growing up facing the fallout.  I'm helping her edit, and hopefully we will release a piece of it on Amazon for Kindle and see if there is any interest.

Offline jhull87

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »
Mine is based around a CME hitting a small number of states around NC. DC decides to use that time to go after the NRA headquarters.

Offline TheRetiredRancher

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:02:14 PM »
 :popcorn: :spit:

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:38:27 PM »
I'm working on a book about investing and stock trading for the beginner. Basic definitions and strategies and a section about how I think.

Writing actually sucks. It's one of the most challenging enterprises.

Offline sexylogbldr

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
Not writing, but I do some proof reading and editing on the side.  you would be amazed at the disparity in writers... from awesome unique story line but terrible structure and grammer all the way through excellent writing but nearly a carbon copy of other books already out there.  Proof read, read aloud, buy and use text to speech applications, and then have others read and critique.  Jack did mention some software that sourced and rewrote articles; that is how I am seeing many of the new books.  There is a "new" herbal medicine book that is almost word for word on others.  Sad.

Offline ellefsonbooks

• Prepper
  • Prepper
    • Benjamin Ellefson author website
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »
I'm getting close to publishing my second survival/prepper related novel. It's a children's book called The Great Sugar War.

I'm really happy with my publishing company. Great editors, proofreaders, and staff. If you want to self-publish and are looking for help finding a great place to print it with the highest quality, PM me.

Offline trekker111

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 07:38:18 PM »
I have a sorta survival book I have been working on for a few years, but in no way seriously.

Based on my most recent visions, it will end up being kind of a stop gap between an actual survival manual, and those little pamphlets that come in commercial survival kits.

It started as a notebook where I wrote down things like Morse code, international destress signals, semaphore code, coast guard radio frequencies, telephone numbers for responder agencies, etc, to have them all in one place. I've been slowly expanding it over time with some basic survival and bushcraft information, with the intent it could become a water resistant or waterproof pocket resource.

I had also been kicking around the idea that it could be done as a deck of cards.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »
Not writing, but I do some proof reading and editing on the side.  you would be amazed at the disparity in writers... from awesome unique story line but terrible structure and grammer all the way through excellent writing but nearly a carbon copy of other books already out there.  Proof read, read aloud, buy and use text to speech applications, and then have others read and critique.

One of my good friends has a brother that writes.  I mean, technically that's what he does, but I wouldn't say he's a writer.  I read some of it a couple of years ago, and it was the most awful writing I have ever encountered.

Eventually he got married, and suddenly his grammar is nearly perfect.  Apparently his new wife convinced him to let her proofread his work before he self published.

Still an arrogant jerk, but at least he knows how to properly use quotes now.  ;)

Offline fred.greek

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 08:20:33 PM »
"Survival", no.

Beyond efficient and effective gardening, for quite some time I’ve been gathering notes on potential aspects of a long term sustainable technological civilization using renewable resources.  An early example of the core document is at:

https://www.scribd.com/document/11849883/Sustainable-Civilization-From-the-Grass-Roots-Up