Author Topic: Field Day  (Read 3554 times)

adp113

Field Day
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:02 AM »
How many of us hams are participating in the ARRL field day this year?  I am once again participating from home with just a few friends. No logging no generators no special setups, just my regular antennas and radios at home.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Re: Field Day
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
My local club has a get together.  We set up a few radios & get folks involved.  It's fun.

Offline Ragnar

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
we did in NW Arkansas, it was a great time, Hot as heck though. Mostly a social event for our club I think we did more tinkering with each other equipment than anything. I was grateful as I had a screwdriver antenna that I could never get to tune correctly to use as a base but after several of us looked at it we figured out the problem and now it tunes like a charm. made contact up and down both coast and then the rain and thunder started.  It is always a great event that gets you fired back up. Only issue I see is increasing the want list after one of these.

Offline Tactical Badger

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Preparedness Junky
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:21:23 PM »
Myself and a couple of buddies did our own Field Day backyard campout.  My AAR is here.

Field Day AAR

Offline dmart

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »
I think for field day, it's a lot of fun to take my popup camper out camping, and setup a HF SSB, and PSK31 station on a picnic table.
Dmart

Offline JS_280

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »
Our club sets up every year at the local utility plant here and runs off emergency power.  We'll hopefully have 15-20 participating this year.  This will be my first field day.  Definitely looking forward to learning a lot from it.

Coyote

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »
Working on my cw speed in the hopes of setting up for field day this year.  My rigs are all QRP and run off the PV system.  Finished construction a new antenna for 40M...need to hang & tune it once the weather breaks.

Offline kc9eci

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »
Count me in, FD is my favorite on air activity of the year outside of Straight Key Night.

Offline Don Tango

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
I went with Motorola club a couple years with the scout troop. This year I plan on operating from the BOL with my nephew, a new ham. I enjoy the practice and the camping.