Author Topic: HPV vaccine  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
HPV vaccine
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:35:20 AM »
"Insufferably Intolerant Science Nerd" has a very informative post on Facebook about Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and the vaccines available to protect against it.  I've generally found her to be reliable source.  Lots of links included.

https://www.facebook.com/InsufferableIntolerance/posts/1043821139112337

...Many people know about the association between HPV infection and cervical cancer in women. As a consequence, HPV has been dubbed a “woman’s infection.” However, approximately 40 percent of HPV-related cancers occur in men. ...

The most common HPV-related cancers in men are oropharyngeal cancers, such as mouth, tongue or laryngeal cancer. ...

Parents have often heard that the virus is sexually transmitted and wonder why their child would need vaccination. Most STDs affect a small portion of the population and can generally be avoided with safe sexual practices. HPV is different, because HPV is a skin-to-skin infection, sexual intercourse (anal/vaginal/oral) isn’t required to contract the infection. You can be a virgin and still contract the disease. ...

About 90 percent of all men and women will be infected with HPV at some point in their lives, even with safe sexual practices.... HPV vaccination is the only dependable way to prevent it because it is almost impossible to avoid with lifestyle and behavioral decisions alone. ...

The HPV vaccine is a subunit vaccine. A subunit vaccine presents an antigen to the immune system without introducing viral particles at all. ...

The HPV vaccine is extremely safe. As of December 2015, almost 205 million doses of HPV vaccine had been distributed worldwide with no long-term serious adverse effects identified.

The HPV vaccine was developed in Australia (in my hometown). A groundbreaking effort from the University of Queensland's own Professor Ian Frazer from the UQ's Centre for Immunology and Cancer Research, and his team. Not by “Big Pharma” as some people falsely believe. ...

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: HPV vaccine
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:59 AM »
Thanks, Mr. Bill. Good information. I think some folks resented the heavy-handed handling of this vaccine to middle-school age children in public schools (esp. in Texas) and pushed back by refusing the vaccine for their children. Perhaps they should re-consider...

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:45 AM »
I know of no mainstream source of medical information that I trust very keenly. I listen to Gary Null, they claim he is a quack on quakwatch, but then everyone who promotes any form of natural medicine is a quack to them. Gary Null is a PHD and has worked in many labs and quotes many studies around the world that the mainstream ignores. I can't say I agree with everything he says without questioning, but I don't trust most sources that way either

This is a lengthy article so I won't go through much of it at the moment.

http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/garynullrichardgaleHPVlethal08apr14.shtml

HPV Vaccines: Unnecessary and Lethal

"But there is no informed consent prior to vaccination, so most of these girls and their parents have no idea what they are risking by agreeing to vaccination with Gardasil.  While Merck, the FDA, the CDC and the medical establishment all deny that there have been serious, life-altering adverse events associated with Gardasil, the fact is that compared with the mandated vaccines which are given with greater frequency, Gardasil still has the most adverse events reported to VAERS of any vaccine.  And since reporting of adverse events is not mandatory in the US (although outbreaks of so-called vaccine-preventable illness are), it is likely that only 10% even get reported!"

===========================

The HPV vaccine was developed in Australia (in my hometown). A groundbreaking effort from the University of Queensland's own Professor Ian Frazer from the UQ's Centre for Immunology and Cancer Research, and his team. Not by “Big Pharma” as some people falsely believe. ...

That guy is connected to the Royal Society of London which to me appeared to suppress the truth about the Polio vaccine in Africa and it's connection to AIDS. The Royal Society is the oldest Scientific organization in the world. I think it was the guy who admitted he was involved in a major contamination in the Polio vaccine many years ago was connected to that group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Frazer#Awards_and_Honours

Awards and Honours:

2007: Novartis Prize for Clinical Immunology, Rio de Janeiro
2007: Merck Sharp & Dohme Howard Florey Medal
2011: elected Fellow of the Royal Society

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:49:59 AM by surfivor »

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:58:14 AM »
No. I'm done listening to anything anti-vaccine. The science is in, they are by and large safe for a large majority of the population, and wrecking the herd immunity for anything other than legitimate medical reasons is beyond the pale at this point.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
 I hear of people all the time who get the flu vaccine and then they get the flu. My friend's grandmother in the 1970's was given a flu shot and died shortly after.

The Vaccine Injury Program has paid out 3.8 billion in damages to vaccines. They are constantly trying to push vaccines on everyone and claiming they have all the answers when medical science has never had all the answers on many things. They are constantly being alarmist about small segments of the population, the old and sick who die and then suddenly it's a big emergency blamed on the latest disease that they want to promote vaccines for.

It has been pointed out many times before of the manipulation of data. So many diseases decline naturally due to improved sanitation but the medical establishment rushed to take credit. Every disease is different. Smallpox was the best case for vaccine effectiveness, many others are very highly questionable. The medical folks have also experimented on people in cases like the Tuskegee experiment, in Central America etc.

I don't think many vaccines even need to be tested for safety or effectiveness, they add all kinds of questionable ingredients. They get a special pass from the FDA that exempts them from much testing and they are always trying to be exempted for any liability.

There's has been some strange cases of contaminated vaccines that have no rational explanation because there are supposed to be numerous safety measures.

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 02:10:28 PM »
No. I'm done listening to anything anti-vaccine. The science is in, they are by and large safe for a large majority of the population, and wrecking the herd immunity for anything other than legitimate medical reasons is beyond the pale at this point.

Ditto.  Everyone’s medical situation is unique and there are reasons for the “each’s” out there to avoid some vaccines.  But that is between the individual and their health care provider.  The anecdotal fear mongering on this issue has likely sickened and possibly killed many more people than the vaccines themselves.

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 03:06:50 PM »
Thanks, Mr. Bill. Good information. I think some folks resented the heavy-handed handling of this vaccine to middle-school age children in public schools (esp. in Texas) and pushed back by refusing the vaccine for their children. Perhaps they should re-consider...

100%. The policy in Texas looked dirty to everyone. It was a mandatory program that had way too many connections between vaccine companies and the state government.

It's a hard topic. Obviously on the whole vaccines have saved lives. But there is that fund that pays out billions to the few who are harmed. Clearly there is something we haven't yet learned about those who respond negatively. Hopefully we will learn that data point soon and nobody will suffer. But you either risk the <.1% risk of a bad reaction or you risk measels and tetanus (to name 2). I vaccinated our kid.

The only exception is the flu vaccine which I believe provides scarcely a placebo effect. In my mind it could be the one that does more harm than good. This led to a heated discussion with the Mrs. who wanted to get the baby a flu vaccine. It's an issue that hits all of us. I try to be data driven but it's difficult when the drug companies have their fingers in the government and many sources of information (ahem CDC) use heavily massaged data. At the end of the day we rely on doctors and politicians (and sometimes kooky radio personalities) rather than data analysts to know what is good to take. I wish we looked to Eric Weinstein and Nassim Taleb on these issues but we frankly don't.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
I'm in agreement, Dave. I've only ever gotten a flu vaccine (and only for myself) one time. It was when I worked in a big factory environment, and had a very small infant at home. I thought if I could prevent getting the flu myself and thereby prevent giving it to him, it would be worth it. I didn't get the flu (and neither did he). Have never felt that threatened by the flu since, and am not around anyone who might be particularly adversely affected by it, so...

As for all the childhood vaccinations, MMR, DTaP, HepB, and VAR... when recommended, we vaccinated. We read all about the issues supposedly linking Autism to vaccines, plus other issues with the way vaccines were being produced, etc. In the end, we felt that the risk to our children was less by getting them the vaccinations. We also live in a border state, which has a huge influx of undocumented (and un-vaccinated) kids every year. Even 19 years ago, when my oldest was born, they recommended hepatitis vaccinations for young children because of the high incidence of the disease in our state due to this reason.

I am very sad to see such diseases as whooping cough, measles and mumps making a comeback in current times. Those things were relatively rare when I was growing up, thanks to vaccinations... and thanks to the varicella vaccine, my boys never got chicken pox (and maybe won't ever have to worry about getting shingles?).

I understand that we need to think logically and not just accept everything that is spoon-fed to us, but as a rational person, I weighed the options and still think vaccination for childhood diseases was the best thing to do for my kids (they had no other serious medical issues that would have made vaccination dangerous for them). And, I like to think that, by doing that, maybe we prevented the spread of a disease to another child who maybe wasn't able to get a vaccine and for whom it would have been even more serious.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »

Questioning the flu shot or any vaccine is considered as crazy as anything by the medical and media people. Hardly anything is promoted as heavily as flu vaccines, they have signs everywhere and announcements playing in pharmacies. When there was a pandemic fear the state govt was considering mandatory vaccinations, but when contaminated flu vaccines turned up in a European lab, the media was silent . That shows where their head is at and their experts claim there is no limit to how many shots you can take. If they recommend 200 shots then they say it's safe

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
It is also interesting that they claim there is no link with autism and vaccines yet the causes of autism that they put forth seem highly unsatisfactory. There is evidence of cover ups with the link between autism and vaccines.

Tucker Carlson had an interesting piece on the decline of sperm and testosterone in males and noted that the scientific community is not even studying that, probably ditto for autism; most likely serious research into that is not even happening, probably because the truth about it would be something ugly

The increase in autism is so high that it seems likely that America will be toast in 50 years as there will be too many autistic people to take care of. If they are not seriously studying that and you trust the scientists, then maybe you don't know what is really happening

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 07:33:43 AM »
The increase in autism is so high that it seems likely that America will be toast in 50 years as there will be too many autistic people to take care of. If they are not seriously studying that and you trust the scientists, then maybe you don't know what is really happening

So people like me are such a burden on society that we will cause America to be "toast"?

Oh, but I'm "high-functioning" because I can talk and have a job, so I don't count. It's those "low-functioning" people who can't talk or go to the bathroom by themselves or hit their head against the wall that you're talking about, right?

Rather than start screaming, I'm just gonna leave this here, then: http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/2014/07/busting-anti-vaccine-myths-while.html

Offline BLACK SHIRT

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
Very interesting series,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzcMHaBvLs

My daughter will never get the HPV vaccine.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
Very interesting series,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzcMHaBvLs

My daughter will never get the HPV vaccine.

My kids are not given this one by me as kids, they can decide as adults. They are in no danger from this or Hep B as young children, in any case, as teens we can talk about things and the various risks.... 

Too often we talk about vaccines as an all or nothing, most people I know who dont do all vaccines, do some to most vaccines. There are different reasons  and different risks. HPV and Hep B are not spread in ways that are a concern for young children, so those can easily be put off until they are older is what I commonly see out here. Myself and most people I know see no reason to force families to vaccinate against chicken pox, this is now forced in California, not even a religious exemption, before a child can go to school. I do think most families would voluntarily decide to use this one, but it is not such a dangerous disease to have the issue forced. Most families think they have to also do Hep B and HPV it is often presented that way, even though I do not think they have to, and again these are not a public health neccessity to force onto school kids, it should be a family choice.

Another things often done out here is to wait until school age to do any, that way the child is more developed, and they may spread them out, not 8 at once, so over a year or more. This seems a better way to many to not have so many toxins at once for the child to need to clear ( toxins not as in the vaccine, but the adjuvants, the preservatives, dyes, etc....) there is alot of junk in vaccines beside the actual causal agent. My youngest, at 20 years old decided to do a bunch and reacted, was pretty sick realy. This one was so allergic to things as a preschooler, I cant imagine if we had followed any off the new recommended scheduales. My older children had way less total recommended and they are not that much older ! ANd, the thing is, they are taking away any family agency and decisions on the timing of this

ok, this is some of what are in them " AAHS (amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate) adjuvant coupled with polysorbate 80 " and other things depending on the vacccine
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:09:22 PM by mountainmoma »

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »

Sure, that's what they want to do .. force you to take unnecessary or questionable vaccines. Once they get children to do that, then they will target adults. It seems like there is no end to what they would force on people

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 10:05:37 PM »
I knew when I started this thread that it was going to turn into another generic vax/antivax argument.  Jeez, folks, I was trying to provide information about ONE vaccine.

Rather than start screaming, I'm just gonna leave this here, then: http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/2014/07/busting-anti-vaccine-myths-while.html

Good article.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
Philadelphia Inquirer, 3/6/18: HPV is causing an oral cancer epidemic in men by outwitting natural defenses

...Men are four times more likely than women to be diagnosed with oral cancer, a hard-to-detect, hard-to-treat disease that has overtaken cervical cancer as the most common HPV-related malignancy in the United States.

To be sure, changes in sexual norms over the last few generations have played a role in this alarming trend. But research increasingly shows the real problem is something men have practically no control over: their immune response.

Compared with women, men are more likely to get infected with HPV — including “high-risk” cancer-causing strains. They also are less able to wipe out infection on their own, and more likely to get reinfected. The reasons are unclear. ...

The virus is now found in 70 percent of all new oral cancers.

About 13,200 new HPV oral cancers are diagnosed in U.S. men each year, compared with 3,200 in women, according to federal data. ...

In women, an HPV infection usually sets off the body’s defense mechanisms. The immune system makes antibodies that kill off the invader, then immune cells remain on guard, ready to attack if the virus reappears.

But in men, something goes awry. ...

Among 384 men who developed infections during a 24-month period, only 8 percent produced antibodies. But this response rate varied depending on the site of infection; none of the small number of orally infected men produced antibodies.

Rather than putting the immune system on guard and protecting men from the virus, infection sharply increased the chance of getting infected again with the exact same HPV type. And many men who got reinfected were celibate at the time. ...