Author Topic: Sourcing Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)  (Read 745 times)

Offline raffles

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Sourcing Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »
Years ago back in the day, Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus was nectar of the gods when I was sick. By request, we used to send some overseas to friends in the UK, because they had tried some while they were in the States and it “makes you feel human again”. After the whole Draconican crackdown on phenylpropanolamine (PPA) a lot of OTCs were reformulated, and Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus was one of them. After that, it was garbage; having little more effect than making you feel doped.

So, to wind up to the point: cold/flu season is going to be winding up where I live, and I'm tired of the otc crap they have these days. I want to get cold/flu drugs that still contain PPA. The low incidence of strokes associated with PPA use was confined to females, which I am not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylpropanolamine . I'm not afraid of PPA; I took the stuff for years and never felt anything but better. There still seem to be places in the world that sell PPA-containing meds, how do I go about getting some in the States? Please assist.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: Sourcing Phenylpropanolamine (PPA)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
Just a thought...have you checked Canada?

I really don't know anything about these things.