Author Topic: Kamala Harris pledged to take executive action banning the importation of AR-15s  (Read 579 times)

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
Perfect example of how neither these presedential candidates or the media have a clue regarding firearms.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/05/15/kamala-harris-ban-imports-assault-weapons-1324581?
Kamala Harris' next target: Banning AR-15-style assault weapons

Kamala Harris' expanded her unilateral crackdown on guns.

At a presidential campaign event Wednesday in New Hampshire, Harris pledged to take executive action
banning the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons — a move that came just three weeks after the California Democrat rolled out her sweeping gun-control proposal.

"When we look at the issue of assault weapons, let's be very clear: Assault weapons are designed to kill a lot of people in a very short period time," Harris said in Nashua. She added: "We cannot any longer afford to allow people to make this a partisan issue. Those guns, those assault weapons, do not discriminate and determine, OK, is the the person pointing it at a Democrat or a Republican. This can no longer be a partisan issue."

Harris — a former career prosecutor who appears intent on owning the gun issue in the crowded primary — said if Congress fails to pass stricter gun laws in her first 100 days as president, she would act on her own

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Aside from a few boutique European brands, I wasn't aware that AR-15 were even made any place overseas.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Aside from a few boutique European brands, I wasn't aware that AR-15 were even made any place overseas.

If I'm not mistaken even the bigger Euro brands manufacture here because military contracts require American production as a security measure. But there could be some hinky thing about Belgian or Italian made components. You know how goofy firearm manufacture is.

I tried to dig into this. Kamela says some dumb things but she's a former prosecutor and often more sly than given credit for. But I can't find a reason she'd want to favor domestic production other than it's a very sly way of banning new AK imports. One of the de-facto gun bans iss to raise the price and simply price poor young people out. It's a clever strategy. The kid who can't afford a bells-and-whistles AR might get an AK and a can of spammo but if the option isn't there we lose an ally.

As an aside I grit my teeth when I hear that the AR is built to kill a lot of people quickly. I've got one of those and never once thought of killing with it. What runs through your head all day?It's the old Penn Gillette quip: People who want to ban guns know they can't handle the responsibility and assume the rest of us are the same.

Offline DDJ

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Brands like Rock Island would also negative effect on this.  I would not be surprised if she would also ban parts imports.  Again targeting the low cost set as well.  Hard guards and sights make them more dangerous, it has nothing to do with the user.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
She’s a hardcore San Francisco liberal that’s as antigun as they come. 

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Maybe someone needs to fill her in on where these guns are made......
Apparently her council are idiots also

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
Ta know, it's hard to know whether to laugh at the sheer stupidity of some of the things coming out of progs' mouths these days, or get really riled up at the sheer audacity with which they are now exposing their anti-American, un-Constitutional true colors.
Personally, I think they all need a good object lesson studying the end of Benito Mussolini, and that photograph of Mussolini hanging upside down from a lamppost in a Turin gas station should be displayed in every room and office in the US Capitol complex - by law.