Author Topic: QSL'ing  (Read 2845 times)

adp113

QSL'ing
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »
Does anyone still QSL with actual cards?  I would like to WAS on 40 and 20 meters, it just seems on one sends or wants to send cards anymore.  Also if you need or would like a card from Pa, I would be more than happy to give you a contact.  I just like collecting the cards

Offline Tactical Badger

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Preparedness Junky
Re: QSL'ing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:20:49 AM »
I bumped into a guy on 10M a little while ago that says he QSL's 100%.  Don't ask me his call sign...I have no idea.  But...yes...there are people out there that do it.  I suspect they are few and far between though.

I guess computer logs are killing the QSL card business.

Offline Steve W

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:27:39 AM »
Would be happy to work WI-PA and confirm.

I used both echoLink and eQSL's requests to arrange skeds for states I needed when i did my first WAS ("Worked All States" Award).

There are also WAS Nets that are a lot of fun.

Steve
K9ZW

(I'm good on QRZ.com for contact information)

adp113

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:21:55 AM »
I have been listening to the 3905 century club net on 40, just trying to figure out the language of the net.  I think tonight is going to be a check-in night.   

Offline Steve W

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
I have been listening to the 3905 century club net on 40, just trying to figure out the language of the net.  I think tonight is going to be a check-in night.   

The 3905 Century Club!  Yes - they are a wonderful group that runs several nets!

You can link to them at:  http://www.3905ccn.com/newsite/index.htm

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  With Varying Frequency  http://k9zw.wordpress.com/

Offline Ragnar

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
I have never gotten QSL cards printed  so I use eQSL to send all mine out. Actually really just started using that. I did get a Real QSL card in the mail the other day and I have to say it has changed my mine and I am going to order QSL cards.

Offline Steve W

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »
I have never gotten QSL cards printed  so I use eQSL to send all mine out. Actually really just started using that. I did get a Real QSL card in the mail the other day and I have to say it has changed my mine and I am going to order QSL cards.

For DX QSLing I have been using GlobalQSL.  Their service will print the cards with all the data from the QSO and put it into the Bureau system.

Unfortunately does NOT work for USA QSLs.

I've writeen about them several times on my Ham Radio Blog and I am due to do another big upload shortly.

Steve
K9ZW

adp113

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »

I don't mind the cost of postage.  I like getting physical cards in the mail, even better if the card has stamps and a post mark on it.  But it seems no DX stations are willing to send anything without a green stamp or two, which I am happy to comply with so I get the card back.  I was never really into eQSL.   It's a great site and a great concept, but there is something really fun about checking the mail to see if any new cards showed with with all the bills and junk.

Check out this guy for cards, his review are excellent and his prices seem to be the best:

http://www.ux5uoqsl.com/