Author Topic: Harbor Freight impulse sealer  (Read 20769 times)

Offline rev.tactical

• Prepper
  • Looking to make some good connections in my area
Re: Harbor Freight impulse sealer
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
Well, My HF Impulse Sealer arrived and I gave it s shot. Using the 7mil LDS bags, I had some major difficulty. First off, the timer seemed to be faulty. The longest I was able to get the timer/heat to operate was no longer that 3-4 seconds. For the 7 mil bags, it did not seem to be adequate. I called for a return label. Their customer service dept, (overseas) was helpful an emailed a return FedEx label within minutes. I switched back to my iron and aluminum carpenters level. Until I see one that looks good and can seal wider than 1/8th inch, I will continue to use my iron. Thanks!

Offline Fat_Man

• Prepper
  • Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Mine arrives Thursday. I hope I have better luck. My wife told me not to get it, but I am a gadget freak and I just had to. Now I am afraid she is going to tell me "I told you so". That's the down side of being married to a woman smarter than me.  ;D
But I have heard good things about this sealer too, so maybe I will have luck.

Offline Fat_Man

• Prepper
  • Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »
It works great. I didn't have any problems and it seals just as advertised. It comes with replacement parts too! If your vacuum machine's sealer dies you are out a vacuum machine (unless you can get replacement parts). With this sealer you just replace the heating coil.
I recommend this if you have a lot of bags to seal and don't want to use an iron or curling iron. My feeling is the right tool for the right job.  :)

badbeamer

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »
I'll never forget perusing our Church yard sale 6 years ago. I walked by and there was one of the LARGE impulse sealers sitting there on the table in all it's glory just waiting FOR ME!!! WOOT! Absolutely nothing wrong with the thing and I nabbed it for $10 bucks! (Apparently no one knew what the thing was for...) Underneath someone had taped extra elements and teflon strips.  ;D

St. Peter will probably hound me for haggling with the Sister on the price of $15 bucks on my day in heaven. HA!

sarahluker

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
Count your blessings!! ;D