Author Topic: Is this a good deal on a Taurus 1911? Yes/No?  (Read 3221 times)

tash

Is this a good deal on a Taurus 1911? Yes/No?
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »
My LGS (local gun shop) is having a 'Nomember Special' month and one of the many good deals is a NIB Taurus 1911 .45 acp for $499 PLUS there is also a rebate from Taurus for $75 extra off. So after tax and rebate that ~$464. I guess I'm just having one of those too good to be true moments. Please don't go into 'if it's the right gun for you' or 'if you have a need for it'. I'm just trying to figure out, is this a good deal.

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_80&products_id=273

Thanks.

-Tash

millerized1

Re: Is this a good deal on a Taurus 1911? Yes/No?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »
Don't forget to add in the NICS fee if you have one.  Yeah, you're paying it regardless, but it's also something you can work into the price if you needed to.

For going prices, I check the buy-it-now prices on AuctionArms.com and GunBroker, as well as Shotgun News.

One good thing about local and a reason I buy there, it keeps the money local.  If the money stays local, you eventually get it back so to speak.

tash

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:04:44 AM »
The NICS fee must already be factored into the total price because I've bought plenty of firearms from them. It's the price plus tax. Since it's local there is no FFL fee. My mother, who is awesome, use to have a Kimber 1911 (pro carry 2 i believe) and i know she paid the premium. Over 800 for sure.

Everything I seem to read about the Taurus (and yes, I know jack talked about the Taurus) and the prices I've reference against (online sources) seem to suggest a pretty dang good deal.

Offline Lawyerman

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »
That is a good deal on any kind of a decent 1911. I bought mine, used with night sights for $400 and thought I stole it.

tash

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 09:34:59 AM »
lol, again, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
I have no idea where they got the 800+ dollar retail on the PT1911 they are in every retailer for about 600 or less in blue and under 7 in stainless.

I own one, I love it, they are outstanding guns with upgrades that rival many 1500 dollar guns.  That said I don't know if I am missing the price you meant on your link but 800 bucks, no don't bite at that.

tash

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »
I have no idea where they got the 800+ dollar retail on the PT1911 they are in every retailer for about 600 or less in blue and under 7 in stainless.

I own one, I love it, they are outstanding guns with upgrades that rival many 1500 dollar guns.  That said I don't know if I am missing the price you meant on your link but 800 bucks, no don't bite at that.

Yeah, the sale price was '$499.99' plus a $75 rebate but it looks like they've removed the price from the website and I haven't been in to check if that was still the price or not. I ended up passing up the deal and focusing my efforts and cash elsewhere.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »
The is a fricken sweet deal!  I love my PT 1911 in fact I like it more then my Colt Commander.