Author Topic: Product Ideas  (Read 23595 times)

Offline Saint

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bury it and bury the shovel.
Re: Product Ideas
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
top just came off my travel coffee mug at work....coffee mug (ceramic) and one for the bug out - perhaps with a screw-off bottom with more coffee.
camel bak - with built-in water purifier.
BPA-free plastic water bottle.
Playing cards (TSP logo)
(beer) can/bottle cozie with bottle opener attached and small LED (basically what I did to my FSU cozie to keep from searching for a bottle opener and find my way to the head when camping)

Offline Saint

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
zippo

Offline Saint

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »
Tire Cover

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »
Prepper Saint - You are INDEED a Saint.

THANK YOU.  I LOVE the idea of the prepper mug with the extra coffee (maybe those starbucks Via coffee packets?) in a hidey hole in the bottom.  That's such a cool idea.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 01:18:54 PM »
TSP branded tactical nukes for World War Z.

:-p

What about little Oh Shit Kits for various purposes? Simple ones like for the car - spark plug wrench, boot grease, tire patch kit, small ratchet, flares, etc.?

Already mentioned the plastic version of the challenge coin as a cheap giveaway item for new preppers.

TSP branded heat packets (hot hands/pugz heat/etc.) would be great if they'd be cheaper in quantity than what you can get at an inconvenience store. *duh* :-p

MP3 Player with video - I have an ativa player that I got for about 30 bucks - and pre-load it with videos on field trauma medicine, automotive field expedient repairs, basic survival skill how-to's, and nationwide emergency services contact information. OR a CD with that same stuff on it designed for iTunes or whatever to upload it to your own MP3/4 player.  I'm doing this gradually with my PDA, and designating an orange SD card as my electronic oh shit kit. A red one has my WiFi tools and such on it (skype, airsnort, etc.).

Hardbound or durable spiral bound waterproof field manuals for basic survival skills would be handy too. Small ones, just a page or two each for various topics - kind of like a flip chart. Don't put everything in one, just cover a topic area in each of several 10-20 page flip manuals. Put a velcro strap on it so you can flip to the page you need and strap it to your thigh for quick reference. A gap in the binding would accomodate this - flip it open, pass the strap through behind the page you're looking at, and cinch it down to thigh/forearm while you work.

Just a few brain farts for you!

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05:46 AM »
I know we have TSP stickers, but what about the kind you can stick to your car from the inside so that they won't suffer from the weather?

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 05:10:16 AM »
I know we have TSP stickers, but what about the kind you can stick to your car from the inside so that they won't suffer from the weather?

Or the hard plastic discs like we freemasons put on our car bumpers ::)

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
Or the stamped brass ones that my grandfather had on his car... he was a Shriner - damn pretty symbolism/coloring on that medallion.

I just had an idea along those lines tho - I gotta pm sisterwolf about the plastic things, might have a super low cost solution!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
PM received and responded to, Orion.  I'm really excited about one of your ideas.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 04:45:35 AM »
TSP Carabiners, not the fashion 'unable to hold weight' ones though but that probably goes without saying.
Also as for the water bottles, stainless steel water bottles would be awesome! The screw top KleanKanteen type would be so durable. Then again the price point is higher than plastic so that should be taken into consideration.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »
TSP Carabiners, not the fashion 'unable to hold weight' ones though but that probably goes without saying.
Also as for the water bottles, stainless steel water bottles would be awesome! The screw top KleanKanteen type would be so durable. Then again the price point is higher than plastic so that should be taken into consideration.

^This got me thinking.... What about a smallish shoulder bag, with a non-imprinted, actual weight bearing carabiner attached, and a non-imprinted bottle in the bag?

Bag I'm thinking of:

The price point for those bottles might be higher than plastic, but they're higher quality.  I'll get a quote and let you know how much the entire bag would be.

Offline swoods

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »
^This got me thinking.... What about a smallish shoulder bag, with a non-imprinted, actual weight bearing carabiner attached, and a non-imprinted bottle in the bag?

Bag I'm thinking of:

The price point for those bottles might be higher than plastic, but they're higher quality.  I'll get a quote and let you know how much the entire bag would be.

I LIKE that bag. I am a purse/tote kind of gal and that is very cool looking. A nice long shoulder strap would be excellent. I like to sling it over my shoulder especially if I am shopping or at an airport, makes it much easier to handle luggage or shopping bags. How about an umbrella too! It could be a whole little kit of its own. A bag, a water bottle, a carabiner and an umbrella. Oh yeah, I am so in for one of those.

Looked at the stickers, they look good too.

Offline ebonearth

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »
I like the bag but I must say that it makes me itch to just embroider a bag with the logo. I am a tote kind of gal myself but I'll pass on the umbrella, I have too many of those for now.

Also, since they are all the rage these days, those reusable shopping bags. They are rather inexpensive to make and last a good long time. Great for promotions and such so they would serve more than just one purpose.

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Did anyone mention a flashlight?  You can never have too many flashlights...of all shapes and sizes.

Offline CGFxColoneill

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
Did anyone mention a flashlight?  You can never have too many flashlights...of all shapes and sizes.
thats what I keep telling my mom but she never believed me til we lost power in a ice storm one year:P then she decided she liked my (her words) flashlight fetish:P

Offline gpd240

• Survivor
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »
SW,

Where are you on the TSP cookbook?

Flash drive with the TSP logo.

Maybe a toboggan/sock cap for those of us that deal with cold weather, with the TSP embroidered.

Maybe a Tin Foil Hat with the TSP sticker on it for the Tin Foil Hatters. (or will the sticker allow the govt. transmissions a dead spot in the foil and allow the Obama Health care message in!!!)  ;)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
SW,

Where are you on the TSP cookbook?

Man, I'm soooooo far behind on it.  I've gotten an offer from help from one of my favorite mods, though, so it might be coming soon.

Offline gpd240

• Survivor
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
Great sounds good.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »
I like the bag but I must say that it makes me itch to just embroider a bag with the logo. I am a tote kind of gal myself but I'll pass on the umbrella, I have too many of those for now.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  Is putting a logo on a good quality bag different from putting a logo on a good quality water bottle somehow?

Offline ebonearth

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  Is putting a logo on a good quality bag different from putting a logo on a good quality water bottle somehow?
No not at all. I mean that having an embroidered logo would be cool (and durable) but generally rather costly. I was thinking of perhaps having an embroidery or cross-stitch pattern available in the store would be cool. :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »
No not at all. I mean that having an embroidered logo would be cool (and durable) but generally rather costly. I was thinking of perhaps having an embroidery or cross-stitch pattern available in the store would be cool. :)

oooooooh.  I figured I was missing something.

Heck a cross-stitch pattern would be EASY to make up.

Also - I was considering having the bag silk-screened, not embroidered.  Embroidery would be gorgeous, but not really very cost-effective in the long run.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »
I've asked for a quote on those bags, along with custom maglites, and 18 oz klean kanteens (moss green, thank you very much).  I'm going off to get carabiner quotes now.  Can't promise anything (at all) for any of these items, but I am pricing them just in case they turn out to be worth-while.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »
Be sure to check Harbor Freight for the carabiners. I see them there from time to time in various colors for tens of cents a piece. Not the best quality, but not horrible, quite functional, and perfectly adequate for hanging a canteen or a bag.

Offline Rookinde

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 04:32:33 AM »
What about a tobogan hat for the winter time when we are out and about in the yard or what have you.

Rook

Offline BIG-TARGET

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Open the cage and let the tigers out!!!
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

Bag I'm thinking of:

I have a variation of the same idea.  How about a Maxpedition Rolypoly dump pouch with either an embroidered TSP logo, or sew a patch to it.  Similar to this picture here.

Offline Bloodyboots

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
How about the TSP logo in the lite stencil for vehicles? Sorta like those little families you see on the back of vans?

But It should include the URL  as well, so folks who are intrigued can find us.

And for that bag, perhaps an umbrella pocket on the outside, for those with too many umbrellas?  ;)

Offline Bloodyboots

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but was just checking out Skinit and you can custom design skins for the MP3 player of your choice, perhaps TSP skins?

Particularly, Zune and Ipod?

Offline Who...me?

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 12:02:45 AM »
How about a flash drive pre loaded with a variety of survival manuals, how to info, check lists and such.

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »
light bulb went off ...  pay a small monthly fee, and do a netflix style cue- custom BOB loadout sub-kits!

ok, so you pay $10/mo. or so, and select 6 or 8 items @ a time. as you get paid up, the next item ships.

doing this on my axim PDA. one. character @ a time! zomg!!!

kits could be field trauma, manuals, radios, lights, etc. all designed to be stand-alone single-p.o.u. items, but assembled together, you have a monster flexible BOB! keep component cost close to monthly subscription rates, and *poof* you've got a BOB-of-the-month club.

?