Author Topic: Product Ideas  (Read 25723 times)

Fred_47460

Re: Product Ideas
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »
And it's gotta run on Windows, Mac, and Linux at least.  (Not to mention the IPhone, MS-DOS, and the Commodore Amiga.)

Interesting idea.

Java Application....would run on nearly any modern OS.  A food calculation program would be great!! Something you could enter in your food preps, enter in the number of people....and spits out a number for days of food stored.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »
And it's gotta run on Windows, Mac, and Linux at least.  (Not to mention the IPhone, MS-DOS, and the Commodore Amiga.)

:P

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »
Java Application....would run on nearly any modern OS.  A food calculation program would be great!! Something you could enter in your food preps, enter in the number of people....and spits out a number for days of food stored.

It should be able to work for all items, not just food! 

I'm going to start a thread later today showing how I'm doing my inventories in Excel. This may be helpful, it may not, but I really like the way it's coming together but a dedicated program would be sweet.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
It should be able to work for all items, not just food! 

I'm going to start a thread later today showing how I'm doing my inventories in Excel. This may be helpful, it may not, but I really like the way it's coming together but a dedicated program would be sweet.

Fantastic!  When you get it started, throw a link in this thread so that we know where to go to see it (even for us oldbies, the tsp forum can be big and a little overwhelming at times).  :)

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »
Fantastic!  When you get it started, throw a link in this thread so that we know where to go to see it (even for us oldbies, the tsp forum can be big and a little overwhelming at times).  :)

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=12328.0

Browncoat

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
How about something like this?

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »

I think that decal with the Latin "I think therefore I'm an ant" at the top would be pretty cool - just the right amount of "wink" for those in the know and a conversation starter for others (like the ant hat, IMO).

-N

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »
Could we come up with something cool with ANT to look sort of like a tactical badge you know like FBI, ATF, etc.

;D

Perhaps a dual meaning, ant as in be an ant but also a word for each letter,

A - Anticipate
N - ?
T -  ?

Could be the start of something kind of cool?

Offline PaCoTx

• Survivor
  • Halt! WHOO goes there?
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »
ANT
A=Anticipation
N=Nowledge  ;D
T=Training

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »
ANT
A=Anticipation
N=Nowledge  ;D
T=Training

LOL!!   I like "Awareness" for the A, myself.

Offline Mad_Man

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
    • Calusa Commons
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
How about some DVDs with the podcasts on them?  We are up to almost 6.5 gigabytes of Jack talking.  These could be 'Collector Editions' with 100 or 200 podcasts per DVD with cool covers (think Star Trek Collectors Editions).

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
A - Awareness,
N - Nonconformity,
T - Transformation

A - Active
N - Nonconformist
T - Troop

A - Anticipate
N - No support (or No handouts, etc)
T - Tomorrow

Browncoat

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »
Anticipate
Needs
Today

As in, don't wait until winter is here to prepare.  Do it now.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
A - Awareness,
N - Nonconformity,
T - Transformation

I like that one!  We are definitely not conformist around here.  The key is unlike the typical angry teenager who is a nonconformist (by looking like all the other nonconformist by the way  ???) we only refuse to conform with certain aspects of society.  You want us to obey traffic laws fine, etc.  But you want us to see government as a savior?  Nope!  You want us to believe that three days food in a home is enough?  Nope!  You want us to live a life based on debt?  Nope!  You want us to believe that food that has a gene from a fish inserted into its genes that kills pests that eat it is "generally recognized as safe"?  Fuck No!  ;D

Yet this is why I like

A - Awareness,
N - Nonconformity,
T - Transformation

To be a non conforming modern survivalist one must first become aware of ostrich syndrome and face the reality our grandparents knew very well.  Further since we don't just sit around wear our hair different and get stoned listening to angry music our nonconformity actually requires a transformation of our lives.  Being good anarchists we don't force this change on others we simply live it and in the transformation of our lives we transform the lives of others.

ANT - Viva La Revolution!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
Yay!!!!!  I like that one too.  :)

Browncoat

« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
The meaning of the letters is totally separate from how they're displayed, be it a euro sticker or a tactical patch.  I'm still trying to find out if y'all like the sticker idea.   ;D

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »

Could pique someone's interest... they might wonder if they are seeing the vehicle of an Antarctica native...

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2010, 05:31:33 PM »
The sticker idea is okay.  But you won't be able to "sell" it to the forum members, if that's what you're asking.  Any official gear goes through the Gear Shop.  Anything else needs to be run by Jack, TW, and me, and is fine for give-aways, but not fine for profit-making.

Browncoat

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
The sticker idea is okay.  But you won't be able to "sell" it to the forum members, if that's what you're asking.  Any official gear goes through the Gear Shop.  Anything else needs to be run by Jack, TW, and me, and is fine for give-aways, but not fine for profit-making.

That's fine.  Not trying to make any money.  Was submitting in the hopes that people would like the idea and TSP could make some money.

Similar to these suggestions for patches...

or

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
That's fine.  Not trying to make any money.  Was submitting in the hopes that people would like the idea and TSP could make some money.

Indeed!  And I absolutely love the idea.  I just didn't want to "steal" it from you.  Because that would be very wrong, and very much exploiting you, and we can't allow that.

I love the patch ideas too, btw.

Browncoat

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »
I just didn't want to "steal" it from you.
Please feel free to use those ideas, if you desire.  I thought that was the purpose of this thread anyway: to submit ideas for you guys to make cool shit... 

Maybe have the patches in more desert-y colors would be good, too. 

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
Hi Sis (u-we-tsi a-ge-hu-tsa) - I had an idea for another t-shirt today while listening to Jack's podcast. 

He made the comment:  "The #1 Rule of Survival...
                                                 ...is to Survive"

I thought it would be an awesome quote for a t-shirt with the TSP logo and details on the back or underneath the quote.  Anyway it just hit me thought I'd share. 

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2010, 05:34:01 PM »
Unetsi,

I love it!  Will DEFINITELY put it on a shirt.

Offline GunslingR

• Survivor
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
A- ASS-CLOWN
N- NEUTRALIZING
T- TEAM

SORRY COULDN'T RESIST!  ;D

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
I second the SkinIt idea.

Offline Saint

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bury it and bury the shovel.
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
Sis,
been a while since I checked back to this thread - may have already been suggested, but here goes two things...well, not so fast, let me do a lead in:
recently Jack has been talking directly to the many new listeners - this is a good thing, it means the word is spreading and he's addressing their newbie-ness (not that I'm captain accomplishment - just already all matrix "red-pilled" up). Due to this he has to "revisit" topics and re-explain - otherwise there's the chance the new listener may get overwhelmed - we don't want that, we want to help and nurture the little ant-ettes into full growed ANTS! Two topic areas that seem most helpful are the "practicality" of the what if situation and the "application" of your personal preps - the "how far along" you are measuring stick.
By practicality I'm talking directly to the show's by-line and when I illustrate it to friends and family I mean the X/Y scale that measures "Likelihood" of a situation occurring along the X-axis and "Impact" of its occurrence along the Y-axis. I think an excellent "product" would be an online quiz that someone takes where they answer questions about "what if's" along a likert scale (likely, very likely, 100% will happen, unlikely, definitely won't happen" and then answer the same questions regarding impact to your personal life (no impact, minimal, huge, devastating). The topics could/should be clear enough to make the case (pandemic, oil shortage, electric grid failure, death, job loss, alien invasion, killer zombies). The "results" will (should) show that there is a cluster effect and that while some cluster at the major impact, low likelihood (deadly meteor), many will tell the story of very likely and potentially seriously damaging. That leads to the heart of this culture: the prep-nation and the what you should or could be doing about it (granted, this isn't for sale - it's for spreading the word in what could be a very fun and eye-opening way).
The second "product" I'll put in another post since I hate reading long posts and assume others do too.

Offline Saint

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bury it and bury the shovel.
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »
Product two: potentially a "sale" item, or an MSB checklist item, but its a comprehensive list and rack and stack of all things prep. It should be "manipulatable" (my word) so that your personal prepper plan and your personal priorities are captured. I'm building my own excel tracking sheet with my goals for each area: BoB, BoL, BoV, Food production, Food storage, Energy Production etc. (have I mentioned I'm half Italian, half geek?)
Anyway, as I've collected advice and information I have - like most of the community here, taken the great and good and left the not-my-bag and the doesn't apply.
Effectively this product would be a "survey" or "evaluation" a way to grade yourself. Maybe some of the titles here (prepper, survivalist, mentor, etc) could be used to help "grade" how far along someone is on their continuum.
I can go on (I think I've proven that), but throwing out the idea for the team!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »

Noted.  :)

Prepper Saint - We've talked in a couple of different threads about both of your ideas.  They're AWESOME ideas, they're just very time consuming.  I would VERY much like to get both of them off the ground, but it will probably be a while.

Browncoat

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »

What SkinIt idea?

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2010, 03:17:18 AM »
Since there's a bunch of folks that shoot mosin's, would you guys want to brand a detachable magazine for it?

I'm working on two designs, one that uses the existing floor plate, and another that replaces the whole thing. Either way it's going to be a 5-8 round mag to keep things low-profile, and should run under 30 bucks each in materials for the replacement floor plate.

I'd be happy to split the profits 50/50 with the TSP store.

Can you tell I'm anxious to put my new TIG welder to good use? :-p