Author Topic: Product Ideas  (Read 25744 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Product Ideas
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2010, 01:50:26 AM »
Orion...

While I almost always find your stuff amusing, this is a product idea thread for the TSP gear shop.  People won't spend $70.00 on a fire piston at TSP, let alone however many hundreds of dollars your strange metal suit would cost.

There is no practical purpose for the suit, and honestly, I've said it before, but it never hurts to nudge you gently with the hammer and make it reeeeally clear...  This thread is about product ideas for the TSP Gear Shop.  You were gettin' just a tad "out there" with your fun ideas, so I good-naturedly removed them.

If you wanna talk about your cool projects, I encourage you to do so.  Just let's maybe have you start a thread in the campfire board for it.  :)

-Your friendly neighborhood wolf

Offline Tackleberry

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Teotwawki tribe
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2010, 10:21:15 AM »
Members Support Brigade only T-shirts and/or other gear for members only...

I second the motion.

Offline ladieu

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Pittsburgh Off-road cyclists
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2010, 02:15:37 PM »
branded zippo lighters

one source: http://www.rushimprint.com/view_product.php?catID=505&productID=11070 (just a quick web search, i am sure there are other places to get-er-done)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:55 PM »
AWESOME, ladieu.  That'll be a cool item.

Tackleberry - I'm workin' on it, brother!  :)

Offline PreperationH

• Prepper
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »
Some more ideas for the pot.

I just messed around with GIMP, full credit for the original design concept goes to Sisterwolf.

What can I say.............. I was sat at home bored :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »
very cool PH!  :D

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2010, 10:02:15 AM »
I was thinking about this a while back and then forgot about it, but the "Famous places you've been" thread made me remember it.

Back in the late 80's, early 90's in Europe, there was a fad with stickers, people would get packs of stickers (usually 5 or 6 inch round or ovals) for a band or a label or even a bar or something (Don't remember much, it was back in my heavy drinking days :) ).  and they would put these everywhere, on storefronts, on telephone poles on parking meters.  I think it was one of the first runs of what they now call "Viral Marketing".  

I'd love to have a pack of stickers, that I could just slap on bulletin boards or notebooks etc, Leave in visible places.  (Of course we would all have to be responsible enough not to put them on private property or use them as graffiti.  

But I pass out lots of paperwork and a quick little sticker on the cover page would be a good way to introduce or peek the curiosity of the people I deal with.  

(I was a mixed grasshopper/ant until I was woken up by a simple mention of the TSP by Kimbertac).  So even a simple glance at a sticker might get someone on board, and the more ants we have, the less grasshoppers (mathematically as well as metaphorically LOL).

I build computers and get lots of little "Branding" badges and stickers with the hardware, I'd love to add a little TSP sticker into the mix.

Just an idea.  I know the potential for abuse (Like some of the band stickers back in the 80's) could make this a potentially bad idea.  

I print my own business cards and am working on a modified business card to hand out for the same thing as the stickers (Similar to whats been done by a few people on the forum).  But stickers tend to be a bit more resilient (Don't fall from the hand into the trash quite as easily).

Stickers would just be a convenient extension of the business card idea.

I didn't go back and read the entire thread to see if this was suggested already, so if it has been, I apologize.

Doc

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
Little ant Halloween costumes for the little preppers.

I can picture all the ants scurrying around now.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
Docwatmo, packs of simple stickers hasn't been mentioned yet.  I'll check prices on them asap.  I'm betting that they'll be fairly inexpensive to make.

Another thing we are considering is moving just a tad away from vanity gear for a second, and getting bandannas.  The bandannas we're considering are special.  One would be called the "fire water" bandanna (one side of the bandanna will be imprinted with instructions on how to make a fire with conventional methods, and the other side will be imprinted with how to purify water with conventional methods, and the bandanna would include a ferro rod, magnesium rod, striker, and water purification pills).  The other bandanna is along the same lines, with first aid instructions (1. clean the wound, etc) printed on the bandanna.

The point of both bandannas is that they'll be useful in the wilderness for more than one thing.

Obviously, we're already working on bags with John Willis from SOE Tactical.

And we're scouring this thread for ideas that do more than just appease our vanity.  We know that t-shirts are a big deal, and we're working on the subdued ant ones, as well as subdued patches, and MSB versions.  It's important to us, however, that we start moving into products that you guys (and we) will actually use or want to use out in the field.

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2010, 12:53:50 PM »
Awesome Stuff SW.  I lover the bandanna idea.

Also along that line, I don't wear bandannas myself, but I would stuff a couple in the first aid kit for making tourniquets or slings so it would still be potentially useful.
How about laminated or waterproof paper versions that can be wrapped around pill bottles or water bottles etc. (I make my own because I have a laminating machine at work, or I just print stuff and put it in Zip locks but they get bulky).

Something that doesn't' take up much space but could be passed out easily to others?  (Like the little folding football schedules and such).  I do business cards, but they don't last long. 

As Preppers, this kind of gear probably isn't much needed since we tend to have the info on hand already (But redundancy never hurts), but something to distribute, that could potentially help someone else (With a link on the bottom to TSP :) ) might be of interest.

Keep it up, lots of great ideas coming out of here.

I do realize that spending money on this kind of stuff to hand out to others may not seem like an economical thing to do, but the way I see it is, the more people around me who are prepared, the more secure I feel, so I preach from the mountaintop in that effort.

Offline ladieu

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Pittsburgh Off-road cyclists
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2010, 02:08:01 PM »
Ok.. pretty much anything for my Dogs.  Collars, blinky lights, t-shirts...

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Keep and Bear, LLC
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »
How about a replica Sister Wolf Ban Hammer made from real adamantium like Thor's is?

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
How about a replica Sister Wolf Ban Hammer made from real adamantium like Thor's is?
I absolutely want one! Please please please - it would bring out the real me ;) TBM

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »
There is only one SisWolf Ban Hammer. To get it, you have to defeat her.... In a fight to the finish using... chopsticks!

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »
No doubt, SW had a great teacher.  Trained in the art of Chopstick combat, she parlayed that skill into more potent weapons like the Ban Spoon, then the Ban club and now the Mighty Ban Hammer.  :)

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »
Sorry, back on topic,  How about TSP Chopsticks?  :)

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
+1 Doc..

Even better than chopsticks, TSP Titanium Sporks!

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »
How about some 2' x 3' flags with, oh...I don't know...

or

or possibly one of your ant designs?

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
I'm thinking about having branded items that help us do the things that Jack encourages us to do - a kind of reminder of the inspiration while we're doing the liberating thing.  For example....

If there were a wood-handled garden trowel with "TSP" and/or the ant engraved in the wood (or screened onto it if cost is a concern), some of us would be reminded of WHY we started growing food rather than strictly grass and ornamentals.

Similarly, if there was perfect kitchen knife for chopping up Biltong - same thing...

It boils down to thinking about what we're encouraged by Jack to do, and what tools we would use to perform those tasks - each one is an opportunity to (a) reinforce Jack's message, and (b) serve as a reminder of how that task is empowering us (and for some, where the inspiration to do it arose).

fwiw,
-Nadir

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
I received my awesome challenge coin in the mail on Monday... and I had one thought. I know we have talked about the typical "challenge" using the coin in a social situation (if I pull out my challenge coin at the IHOP meet and greet, and someone doesn't have their coin, they buy my coffee), but my husband reminded me that, at least among military folks, if you challenge someone and they meet the challenge with a coin of their own, you buy their coffee (or drink, as the case may be).

Is that the way the TSP coins are supposed to work, too?

Thanks!

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
I received my awesome challenge coin in the mail on Monday... and I had one thought. I know we have talked about the typical "challenge" using the coin in a social situation (if I pull out my challenge coin at the IHOP meet and greet, and someone doesn't have their coin, they buy my coffee), but my husband reminded me that, at least among military folks, if you challenge someone and they meet the challenge with a coin of their own, you buy their coffee (or drink, as the case may be).

Is that the way the TSP coins are supposed to work, too?

Thanks!

That's the way it works with me!

:D ;D

I haven't done it at any of the Meet'n'Greets yet but I should probably start making it a habit. It would help with challenge coin sales in the area and would, at least at first, get me some free coffee!

Offline Docwatmo

• Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
In the immortal words of Homer Simpson;    hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm  doughnuts free coffee. 

Yes i'm a coffee fiend LOL

Got mine yesterday.  Ordered it back when I was rich and overflowing from the tax return and completely forgot about it.  They are the BIGGEST, Heaviest and most awsomeest challenge coins I've seen, much bigger than my old military coins.  A lot shinny'er too.  :)

Got to stamp my initials in it at work on Monday.  But i'm thinking i'm going to stamp Oct 12, 2009 on it (as the day I joined the TSP forum officially) as my Wake up date since I don't remmember the date that I first listened to jack or was "Woken up" by Kimbertac. 

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
That's the way it works with me!

:D ;D

I haven't done it at any of the Meet'n'Greets yet but I should probably start making it a habit. It would help with challenge coin sales in the area and would, at least at first, get me some free coffee!

I'll remember not to give you the challenge at the next DFW M&G (you missed your chance at the last one... I'd have been forced to buy!)

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »
I have had the same TSP challenge coin in my pocket with me wherever I go since I received my order in the mail.

I have shown people when the conversation warranted it and, for certain people, it helps reinforce an interest and an intrigue so they are more likely to go visit the TSP site.

I know it helps because I've even had people come back and tell me about how cool it was when they listened to a couple shows at that site I told them about...ya know, the one on the coin that I showed them.

"The Survival Podcast...Jack Spirko"

"Yeah! That's the one!"

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
TSP flag. We need this when we go camping to put on our campsite threshold if we plan on meeting someone.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »
TSP flag. We need this when we go camping to put on our campsite threshold if we plan on meeting someone.
Oh nice idea.... The big ant logo

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
LOVE the TSP Flag idea.  :)

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
Yeah, it's a great idea.... Have each side different.

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »
Let's rock n' roll on this pronto! I bet you could come up with a good design. Simple and unmistakably TSP. I would love to have one by Memorial Day for our first camp-out of the year. Under $30 please.