Author Topic: BRAND NEW Berkey System: Go Berkey Kit  (Read 3174 times)

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
BRAND NEW Berkey System: Go Berkey Kit
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:33 PM »
We are Happy to Announce a New Berkey Water Purification System that has debuted in September 2009.

Go Berkey Kit
http://www.goberkeykit.com

Includes:

* Go Berkey Kit System
* One Black Berkey element w/ Short Stem
* Sport Berkey water bottle
* Lid, Upper Chamber, Bottom Chamber
* Vinyl Carrying case
* Priming button

Price is 139 dollars w/ Free shipping
If you purchase 2 or 4 systems, there is a discount of 5% and 10%!

Specs:

Great for your Emergency kit, your bug out bag, hiking, biking, boating, or just on your desk!

The Go Berkey Kit is the Newest Berkey Water Purification System from the makers of the Berkey products!

Capacity: 1 Quart or 1.5 Liters (.46 Gallons)

Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel.

Easy Setup and Simple Installation.

Configured with one Black Berkey® purification element, the system can purify over 1.5 Gallons per hour.

Picture below:

You tube video we made:
The Berkey Guy Introduces The Go Berkey Kit

Feel free to ask any questions, this system is new, but we have already used it, and see why it was made!

theberkeyguy

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: BRAND NEW Berkey System: Go Berkey Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
If you don't mind, I have a question about these Berkey filters. I know they utilize a filter/element, but realistically, how long do these elements last? It should come as no surprise that people on this forum are prepping for worst-case scenarios. If you had one of these filters and had to use it on a daily basis, how long would the element last? How many would a typical family want to have in reserve?

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »
If you don't mind, I have a question about these Berkey filters. I know they utilize a filter/element, but realistically, how long do these elements last? It should come as no surprise that people on this forum are prepping for worst-case scenarios. If you had one of these filters and had to use it on a daily basis, how long would the element last? How many would a typical family want to have in reserve?

The systems come standard with 2 black berkey elements, which are rated to last 6000 gallons for the pair.  I usually say they last atleast 2-3 years, without needing to be replaced.  If you are filtering really nasty water, the filters will not last as long, but they should last for atleast 1-2 years.

I would have atleast 1-2 sets on reserve, each set has 2 filter elements.  If you have a larger budget, having 3-4 sets would mean you are better prepared, just in case it is hard to get the elements in a worst case scenario.

Jeff
theberkeyguy

Offline minimalist

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »
Good to know. Thanks!