Author Topic: The Rut In Your Area  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Stonebear

• Prepper
The Rut In Your Area
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »
                Up here in Mass. and New Hampshire the warm weather has seemed to suppress much of the expected daytime activity. I took a decent buck early in the bow season, October 17th. There was a great deal of pre-rut activity with cool temperatures, but as soon as the daytime temperatures rose above average there was a large drop off. I have more than a fair amount of hours in the woods in a few different spots and have seen little activity as of yet.

How has the rut been progressing in your area this year? Have you guys been seeing much rut activity?

Offline Gadget

• Senior Survivalist
    • Your Best Defense
Re: The Rut In Your Area
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Nothing going on in Aiken, SC area either. Folks at a hunting plantation I went to the other day said nobody is seeing anything. The young bucks are still running in herds like does. We are beginning to wonder if the rut is going to come in before season is out on Jan. 1. We are still seeing 75 F days and nights only in the 50s.

Offline Stonebear

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:31:35 AM »
Most over this way believe the action, though slower, is still going on simply after shooting light, during the cooler hours. Does the rut get pushed later in the calender in SC?

Offline Gadget

• Senior Survivalist
    • Your Best Defense
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
This is the first time that I have seen it go this late. Usually we are in the middle of the rut by now. Its just not cold enough to get them going yet.

Offline Roknrandy

• He That Rocks:Viewer Discretion is Advised
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Master Spammer Obliterator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
Were just now starting to see them go into rut here in Va. Damn screwy weather I guess Last Saturday it was 71, tomorrow its going to be 55

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »
What rut?

Hasn't been one around here that I've noticed.