Author Topic: how i save a buck or more on diet coke  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Alan Halcon

• Survivor
how i save a buck or more on diet coke
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »
For those that know me, you know I have a serious addiction to diet coke. Yeah I know no bueno.

Anyway, it dawned on me one day I should add up all the money I was spending per month on diet coke at jack in the box. At 2 dollars and change for a 32 ounce drink, I was spending almost 180 dollars. Yep I drink about 3 of those bad boys a day. Because of that, I decided to just keep my plastic cup and refill it everytime I go. And all it costs me is "nothing".

At first I thought I was going to get called on it when I walked in to do it. In fact, I was ready to pay. I've never been called on it and I've taken that cup all over the country on road trips and stopped at every jack in the box I see along the way. In fact, I've walked up to the counter, cup in hand, and ordered food. When asked if I would like a drink with my order I simply gesture to my cup  at which point I just get a smile back from the employees.

I must add, I've tried going through the drive-thru and asking if they could refill the cup but they told me they weren't allowed, but did say I was welcome to come in and do it.

Because of this, I can tell you Jack in the box gets my business, exclusively, when I feel like fast food.
If there is no jitb near by, I will refill the cup at a convenient store for a buck or less.

Try it. It works.

I reckon you can do the same at other fast food joints, also

Alan

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: how i save a buck or more on diet coke
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:10:42 AM »
I was in a burger king a year or ten ago, and remember the manager chasing several homeless people out (during the course of my meal) who were really abusing the coke machine. Of course one had a cup from 7-11.
Could be the kids behind the counter don't care, could be the fact that coke syrup is the second cheapest thing next to unpoped movie popcorn.