Author Topic: Refuse to use Paypal?  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Refuse to use Paypal?
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
That's okay with us!  We now have an order form you can download and send to us with a check or money order.

Ask for it via email to tspgearsupport@gmail.com, and I'll send it to you immediately.  :)

Son_of_the_Republic

Re: Refuse to use Paypal?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
Whats the deal with Paypal Sister-Wolf ?

Offline Old Gnome

• Prepper
    • Just An Old Gnome
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:21:48 PM »
I'm curious, too.

Offline fndrbndr

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
Paypal has policies than many people consider to be anti-gun

Offline Old Gnome

• Prepper
    • Just An Old Gnome
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
Can you provide links?

MightyRunt

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »
Can you provide links?
PayPal
What types of firearms related items does PayPal prohibit?
Question :
Answer :
PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition.

Firearms – Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.

Other Related Items – PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
I have absolutely no problem with pay pal and we will not be changing vendors at this time.

HOWEVER - if YOU have problems with paypal, we can work around it.  :-)

People choose their battles.  I don't buy guns on paypal, or on ebay.  Nor do I buy gun accessories there.  I buy them from reputable dealers in my area.  It is my belief that companies have the right to restrict their business however they please.  And customers have every right not to do business with them as they see fit.  That's how free markets work.

I just want to be sure that customers who have expressed disgust with Paypal's lack of desire to get involved in legal issues across all 50 states regarding guns, have another avenue to buy TSP stuff.

I know this option helps several people who have emailed us in the last couple of months, asking for another way to pay.  If you would rather use paypal, you're absolutely welcome to.  We think they're pretty awesome as a payment method.

Offline Nadir_E

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Win some, learn some.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »
For those who want a PayPal-esque experience, there is GunPal which arose specifically due to PayPal's anti-gun position.  It works in an identical fashion, except you can use it for any 2nd Amendment related transactions.

Offline Old Gnome

• Prepper
    • Just An Old Gnome
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
PayPal
Thanks. I agree with Sister Wolf. I'm not going to buy/sell firearms or related things on PayPal/eBay anyway.

Offline Tackleberry

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Teotwawki tribe
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
Thank You SW & everyone involved.
You will receive my order shortly.

On a side note, I worked with a man two days ago who had his bank account cleaned out last week & the only place he used his debit card was pay pal.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »
Awesome!  I know there were a lot of people who asked for an alternative and I kept meaning to come up with one...

Anyway, it's done now.  I'm very, very happy that it meets your satisfaction, tack!

Offline OLD DUDE

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
Use only your bank card when buying with paypal. Check with an official at your bank,not a teller.
Paypal has next to no security.

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »
I use a prepaid visa cash card from walmart.  Its not tied to any bank accounts and I generally keep an emergency $50 on it (As I get better set financially that will go up to $100 and then $200).  Then I just add the money to it when I need to order something online.  This is a dual card so both my wife and I have the same card and either can add to it and use it) Works just like a credit card, has some very low ($5 a year fee).  It does cost me $3 to put money on it if I use cash, but I can do a bank transfer or a direct deposit onto the card of a set amount ($100 a month for example) then there is no fee.

I know this doesn't work for everyone and there is the convenience factor of having to go charge the card up to use it, but the safety, security factors make up for that small inconvenience for me.  (I also only live 1.4 miles from a walmart  ;D

Offline Tackleberry

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Teotwawki tribe
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
Awesome!  I know there were a lot of people who asked for an alternative and I kept meaning to come up with one...

Anyway, it's done now.  I'm very, very happy that it meets your satisfaction, tack!
We love you SW.
BIG smooches  :-* :-* :-*
Thanks for all you do.
Tack

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
No problem!  :) :) :)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
Paypal has policies than many people consider to be anti-gun

Though people should not see it this way!  PayPal is no more "anti-gun" than they are "anti-smoking", or "anti-drinking" because they also decline to permit transactions in tobacco or alcohol products.

There is a damn long list of what PayPal doesn't allow, guns are on the list but so are many other items.  There are dozens of things you can't pay for with PayPal.  

PayPal is not a perfect company but they ain't the dag gone Brady Campaign!  ;)  To some people if you don't own a M-60 mounted on top of your Pick Up you are "anti gun".  

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
Though people should not see it this way!  PayPal is no more "anti-gun" than they are "anti-smoking", or "anti-drinking" because they also decline to permit transactions in tobacco or alcohol products.

There is a damn long list of what PayPal doesn't allow, guns are on the list but so are many other items.  There are dozens of things you can't pay for with PayPal.  

PayPal is not a perfect company but they ain't the dag gone Brady Campaign!  ;)  To some people if you don't own a M-60 mounted on top of your Pick Up you are "anti gun".  

Yeah, ebay has the same policies.  Don't see people boycotting them.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Yeah, ebay has the same policies.  Don't see people boycotting them.

Fact is PayPal is Owned by eBay, they are one in the same,  ;)

Offline OKGranny

• TSP Pooper-Scooper
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Death from the knees down
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 06:32:30 PM »
Paypal had basically the same policies before ebay bought them and I can't say I blame them. With all the transactions they handle they have enough flack without getting involved in gun, tobacco legislation from 50 states and overseas. I had my debit card number ripped off at TJMax one time too, that can happen almost anywhere you do business. Personally while I am a huge supporter of second amendment rights I also support the right of any US business to choose it's own business practices.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »
Paypal had basically the same policies before ebay bought them and I can't say I blame them. With all the transactions they handle they have enough flack without getting involved in gun, tobacco legislation from 50 states and overseas. I had my debit card number ripped off at TJMax one time too, that can happen almost anywhere you do business. Personally while I am a huge supporter of second amendment rights I also support the right of any US business to choose it's own business practices.

Me too.  :)

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:43:42 PM »
Me too.  :)

+1

It annoys me that ebay doesn't allow gun parts, but I just take my gun-related sales to gunbroker.  I don't boycott ebay.