Author Topic: Can these filters filter out Flouride?  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
Can these filters filter out Flouride?
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
Re: Can these filters filter out Flouride?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »

There are 2 types of filters:

Black Berkey elements, which do not remove or reduce fluoride:
http://directive21.com/accessories-black-berkey-purification-element.html

PF2 Fluoride and Arsenic filter, which reduce the amount of fluoride up to 95 percent:
http://directive21.com/accessories-berkey-pf2.html

The Black Berkey elements can work by themselves, but the PF2 filters work only in conjunction with the Black Berkey Elements.

theberkeyguy

Offline OC Celtic Lass

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Freedom is precious......do something to keep it!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »
How about all the drugs in the water? And Ecoli in water? There is some serious crap in our water in 2009/2010.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »
How about all the drugs in the water? And Ecoli in water? There is some serious crap in our water in 2009/2010.

Here is the official berkey statement in relation to drugs in the water back in 2007:
TO BE SPECIFIC ABOUT DRUGS IN THE WATER IS VERY IMPRACTICAL BECAUSE THERE ARE LITERALLY 10S OF THOUSANDS OF DRUGS ON THE MARKET AND TO TEST FOR EACH DRUG IS ABOUT $1000 PER ITEM.  SO THE BEST WE CAN DO IS TALK GENERALITIES.

DRUG COMPOUNDS WILL TYPICALLY FALL INTO 3 CATEGOREIS.  1 IS INORGANIC COMPOUNDS, 2 IS A COMBINATION OF INORGANIC AND ORGANIC COMPOUNDS AND 3 ARE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS.  VERY FEW DRUGS ARE INORGANIC COMPOUNDS. 

BASED UPON OUR TESTING OF THE BERKEY FILTERS THEY ARE VERY POWERFUL AT EXTRACTING ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WHICH WOULD INDICATE THAT THEY WOULD BE EFFECTIVE AT EXTRACTING DRUGS DERIVED FROM ORGANIC COMPOUNDS AND WE WOULD EXPECT THAT THEY WOULD EXTRACT THE ORGANIC PORTION OF COMPOUNDS THAT ARE COMPOSED OF BOTH ORGANIC AND INORGANIC MATERIALS. 

SINCE NO ONE HAS SPECIFIC TESTING RESULTS ON ALL THE DRUGS THAT ARE OUT THERE IT SEEMS TO US THAT THE BEST STRATEGY WOULD BE TO OBTAIN THE MOST POWERFUL FILTER AVAILABLE AND SINCE BERKEYS ARE SO SUCCESSFUL AT REMOVING ITEMS WE BELIEVE YOUR BEST DEFENSE WOULD BE TO USE THE BERKEY SYSTEM.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:39:09 AM »

In relation to E. Coli, it removes it to 99.999999%

theberkeyguy

Offline Hraz

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »
Berkeyguy,

Thanks, I hope to purchase one when I get my tax return. Just to make sure I understand, if I want to reduce the fluoride, I would need to purchase the PF2 Fluoride and Arsenic filters, in addition to the regular Black Berkey elements?

BTW, my brother purchased one and loves it.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
Berkeyguy,

Thanks, I hope to purchase one when I get my tax return. Just to make sure I understand, if I want to reduce the fluoride, I would need to purchase the PF2 Fluoride and Arsenic filters, in addition to the regular Black Berkey elements?

BTW, my brother purchased one and loves it.

Hraz,

You are correct, that is the combination you need.

theberkeyguy