Author Topic: A challenge to you and my challenge to myself  (Read 2009 times)

Offline swoods

• Survivalist Mentor
A challenge to you and my challenge to myself
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Greetings all. I decided to challenge myself, and then thought, perhaps a challenge on the forum would keep me honest and be a catalyst to others as well. Anyway, my challenge is:

Begin a savings plan that will provide 3 months of living expenses. I will start by increasing the amount of auto deposit to my savings account by $10 each pay, which will be $50. The kicker is that I am NOT ALLOWED to touch the money. By my accounting, it will take the entire year of 2010 to accomplish this goal and only if I do not touch the money. I vow to leave the money in the savings account untouched by my greedy hands! ;D

My challenge to you: If you also struggle with saving money, post it here and we can keep each other honest.

Here's hoping *tips the coffee mug* that I am successful in my goal and best wishes to those who also struggle. 2010 will be my year, hope it is yours too!

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
Re: A challenge to you and my challenge to myself
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »
I also have some similar issues as well, I came up with another way that really follows jacks advice, that is buying gold and silver. I sell stuff on ebay to make extra money, I usually use it to fund my extra curricular activities, hiking, hunting and outdoor type stuff. I also got into  gold panning about 10 years ago and love doing that.

About 6 years ago I started this; when I got up to $500 in my paypal account I thought instead of pulling $300 into my savings account I would buy gold and silver instead and because it takes quite a bit more effort to sell it and go buy something I probably don't need I would be better off. I wish I would have bought more when the price was lower of course, I stopped buying gold when it hit $700! I was buying 1/10 ounce gold eagles mostly and silver rounds. I haven't bought any for awhile now because I think it's all over value but thats my opinion.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
I dont struggle with saving it, I just need more of it ;D

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
I dont struggle with saving it, I just need more of it ;D
Ain't that the truth!