Author Topic: Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?  (Read 4589 times)

Offline madcap1one

• Survivalist Mentor
Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?
« on: January 21, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
Anyone know of a local store (obviously, local to you, may not be to me - so perhaps a national chain) to purchase mylar bags and Oxygen absorbers?

I suppose I could mail order, but I always like supporting businesses in my neighborhood: entrepreneurs first, or at least those that are putting my neighbors to work.

Alternatively, is one of the show advertisers a decent source/price?
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I Realized that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked him to Forgive me.

Offline spisblog

• Prepper
    • Spisblog's Journal
Re: Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
Great question!  Just yesterday I was just looking in the yellow pages, but could not find any 'supplies' vendors.

I'm going to call on a local coffee roaster (that's owned by a local couple) and see if he would sell some mylar and/or O absorbers.  They roast and supply to local restaurants and coffee shops.

We also have a local spice company that blends their own spices, etc.  They might have some supplies, also.  I've even thought about asking about his old product bags (that I can cut down to size, and reseal).

There's also a local food coop and some local health food stores that repackage.

We also have a national ice cream plant in town.  They might be a good source for 5 gallon fg buckets.

Any other suggestions?
Learn it, love it, live it!
http://enjoytimeoutdoors.com

Offline JC Refuge

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Get Ready ... Seriously
    • Safecastle's Preparedness Buyers Club
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
Safecastle Royal sells oxygen absorbers, mylar bags, buckets, gamma seals, vacuum sealers, vacuum freezer bags, Hot Jaws mylar sealers, etc.
Safecastle's Preparedness Buyers Club www.safecastle.com
Deep thinkers dig their bunkers. Got shelter? www.safecastle.com/sheltershome.aspx
Refuge blog www.safecastle.blogspot.com

Offline fndrbndr

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
I've seen them at a local military surplus store...might be a good place to check. But, I'd probably just buy them from Safecastle.