Author Topic: Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?  (Read 9900 times)

Offline madcap1one

• Survivalist Mentor
Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
Anyone know of a local store (obviously, local to you, may not be to me - so perhaps a national chain) to purchase mylar bags and Oxygen absorbers?

I suppose I could mail order, but I always like supporting businesses in my neighborhood: entrepreneurs first, or at least those that are putting my neighbors to work.

Alternatively, is one of the show advertisers a decent source/price?

Offline spisblog

• Prepper
    • Spisblog's Journal
Re: Local Stores To Purchase Mylar Bags and Ox Absorbers?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
Great question!  Just yesterday I was just looking in the yellow pages, but could not find any 'supplies' vendors.

I'm going to call on a local coffee roaster (that's owned by a local couple) and see if he would sell some mylar and/or O absorbers.  They roast and supply to local restaurants and coffee shops.

We also have a local spice company that blends their own spices, etc.  They might have some supplies, also.  I've even thought about asking about his old product bags (that I can cut down to size, and reseal).

There's also a local food coop and some local health food stores that repackage.

We also have a national ice cream plant in town.  They might be a good source for 5 gallon fg buckets.

Any other suggestions?

Offline JC Refuge

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Prepare & Fortify
    • Safecastle's Preparedness Buyers Club
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Safecastle Royal sells oxygen absorbers, mylar bags, buckets, gamma seals, vacuum sealers, vacuum freezer bags, Hot Jaws mylar sealers, etc.

Offline fndrbndr

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »
I've seen them at a local military surplus store...might be a good place to check. But, I'd probably just buy them from Safecastle.