Author Topic: Random (not at all important) Question about Stainless Berkey  (Read 2063 times)

bluepelican

Random (not at all important) Question about Stainless Berkey
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:22 PM »
I ordered a Big Berkey about a week ago and it was just delivered yesterday.  Upon opening the package I noticed that both chambers and the lid had a lot of scratches on them.  I contacted the dealer who assured me that the unit was new and said that New Millennium would likely be willing to replace it.  I'm wondering if it's even worth having them replace it or is it normal for the units to get a little beat up during shipping.  Hopefully the Berkey Guy or someone that has a stainless model can help me out.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
Re: Random (not at all important) Question about Stainless Berkey
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
I ordered a Big Berkey about a week ago and it was just delivered yesterday.  Upon opening the package I noticed that both chambers and the lid had a lot of scratches on them.  I contacted the dealer who assured me that the unit was new and said that New Millennium would likely be willing to replace it.  I'm wondering if it's even worth having them replace it or is it normal for the units to get a little beat up during shipping.  Hopefully the Berkey Guy or someone that has a stainless model can help me out.

It should not be scratched, and the dealer you bought it from should be able to get it replaced, as it does have warranty.

theberkeyguy

Offline Kilgor

• Senior Survivalist
    • Gardening and critter raising in the backyard.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Mine arrived from directive21.com today and it is in pristine condition.  I would definitely get a replacement.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »
Thanks so much Kilgor.

theberkeyguy