Author Topic: My free debt elimination website  (Read 36246 times)

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: My free debt elimination website
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »
I'm going to give this a crack tonight.   While we haven't been increasing our debt, we haven't been kicking it's butt either.  I make decent money, but also live in an expensive area, with a deeply underwater mortgage.

We're soon faced with replacing an aging family vehicle.  We don't currently have a car payment, but also don't have a lot left over funds after retirement and anticipated expenses (christmas, tuition, etc.)

Hopefully this will inspire some change for me.

Offline UpstateNYPrepper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 04:38:12 AM »
I just paid off my car loan today, since starting debt elimination in January I have paid off a student loan, credit card debt and now my car... before waking up it seemed like I was addicted to adding debt, I prefer being addicted to getting rid of the debt.

Offline Bennington1776

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do you have a plan?
    • Preparedness Consulting Group, LLC
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
I just paid off my car loan today, since starting debt elimination in January I have paid off a student loan, credit card debt and now my car... before waking up it seemed like I was addicted to adding debt, I prefer being addicted to getting rid of the debt.

Great Job UpstateNYPrepper  :clap:

It is a great feeling when you pay off a debt.  It also give a sense of accomplishment and peace of mind knowing you are that much closer to true financial freedom. 

Great job and to anyone who has not looked at the DebtMD program, GIVE IT A TRY.  It is working for me.

Offline ladieu

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Pittsburgh Off-road cyclists
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 12:38:24 PM »
Good stuff, glad to hear people are using it. I've not checked in on the site for eons, but last i checked over 30k plans were calculated with over 500 users active within a 30 day timeframe.  I'm working on a student loan elimination book for the amazon kindle with a friend of mine who works in finance.

Just wanted to give an update.  I have paid off my 2ND debt and will have one of two  credit cards paid off in two months.  So excited about this program.  With the proper motivation and discipline everyone can be debt free.  Thank you again ladieu.  :happydance:

Offline Fyrsprite

• Survivor
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
Thank you so much for this site.  It provided exactly the inspiration we needed.   :D

Offline michael SI

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
Interesting. It looks like you have the programing side of things down (you must be a coder), but your interface needs improved. People do much better with numbers if graphics are used. Also try to concentrate more functions to one or fewer pages. It seemed with every input I was taken to a new page. I was a graphic artist for many years and I love economics... let me know if you want more comments/suggestions, maybe I could help you with art pics.

Offline ladieu

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
There are graphics etc.. or at least there used to be.

Also this was programmed before web 2.0 thus why it doesn't have a modern/nice workflow.

regarding updating it, not gonna happen, that is not unless I get money for it.

Sorry I realize this is a snarky reply, but I'm a new father with a lot on my plate and this is a free resource.

-Nick

Interesting. It looks like you have the programing side of things down (you must be a coder), but your interface needs improved. People do much better with numbers if graphics are used. Also try to concentrate more functions to one or fewer pages. It seemed with every input I was taken to a new page. I was a graphic artist for many years and I love economics... let me know if you want more comments/suggestions, maybe I could help you with art pics.

Offline lhcbinpa

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »
Wow! I'm relatively new here and no stranger to the "snowball" but I've been paying some extra payments and some over minimum payments. My intention when we got our mortgage was 20 years to jive with my intended retirement but this shows how I can essentially own my paycheck in 9 years ( Good Lord and Uncle Bernanke willing). Awesome! Thank you for the inspiration to kill this monster and shine some light on the work til ya fall over thought process we've been trained into.

Offline ladieu

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 12:52:47 PM »
FYI,,

my web host upgraded php version and it borked the site for a bit.

I have fixed it and it should be working again

good luck with your debt elimination!

Offline The FOM

• Prepper
  • If the holes don't touch, it's not a grouping.
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »
This is a great website. Thanks for the hard work you have put in for the benefit of the community.

Offline UpstateNYPrepper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
We are down to our final payment (other then our mortgage).  My wife's car is all we have left and come September (maybe August if we have a successful garage sale and I can get some extra overtime) we will be debt free.  This website definitely helped us with the initial organization and what is the best is you can see the end in site after you plug in all the numbers.  Thanks again.

Offline ThePaul

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
Great tool! Can you make a mobile app version for this?

Offline joe121

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »
Need to do this tonight.