Author Topic: Looking for batteries to store/replace/use?  (Read 4713 times)

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
Looking for batteries to store/replace/use?
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
Try Batteryjunction.com excellent place for AA NIMH rechargeables and batteries of all kinds for storage if you like to keep spares like me
Huge flashlight selection too. He's a member of another forum I belong to CPF-candlepowerforum Great people at that store.

They have Rayovac AA NIMH for 4.99 for a 4pack if you use AA rechargables you know thats cheap.

Also great everyday deals for CR123A Lithiums don't pay $5 each at the local Home depot or Quickie mart

Take a look at their stuff and you'll find something you want

Offline MaddoginMass

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Looking for batteries to store/replace/use?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »
Those are good prices.  I've used a bunch of different places in the past but these prices are better...particularly for the Sanyo Eneloop low discharge batteries.

Offline Chris70

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Hi! What is the best way too store batteries? Thank you.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
Hi! What is the best way too store batteries? Thank you.

Chris70 I would and do leave them in the original pkg(especially alkalines) store them in a plastic storage box or ammo can and keep them in a cool space with your canned goodes storage. Heat is the killer like canned food. Check the dates and rotate the stock when needed.

On a side note try not to keep batteries in radios/lights etc for years at a time without checking them every few months. We have a thread on CandlePowerForum about the newer alkalines seem to be leaking much more than those just a few years ago even name brand Duracell has a rep lately of leaky AA. Lithium AA's are recommended for long term storage and CR123A 's are good for 10yrs with no leaks.
I peronally find Duracell ProCell Brand AA-C-D and lantern 6Volt batteries to be excellent and Regular Duracell 6v and energizer 6V latern batteries great too I've had no leaks. Duracell Procells are made for bulk purchase buyers and usually packed for easy storage

There are millions of Counterfeit Duracell batteries out there thet say "Dinacell" you find them at fleamarkets and local stores, they look just like Duracells. AVOID them like Nuclear Fallout. They are ChiCom garbage with God only knows inside and to top off they last about 2 mins. We had almost 2million seized at Port Newark on one day and that's only scratching the surface of how many get in here to be sold on the streets

Offline Chris70

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »
Thank you Jersey Vince

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
Good info +1

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »
Good info +1

Thx DEV I wasn't sure If i should've posted here or in the Good deals thread

Offline John Willis

• Survivor
    • Special Operations Equipment
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »
Tactical Response Gear has sure fore batteries for $24.00 for a box or 12.  http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=batteries&osCsid=df7bb832485bbf46cdc46c755d2270e9 Thats two bucks a battery for name brand well trusted batteries that will not explode like many lesser off brand batteries can and some times do. Be carfull with the cheaper lesser brands. There are many stories out there about car and house fires that started by off name DL123 batteries explding. Exploding to the point the the flashlight has become a projectile.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
There are only 1 or 2 plants that make CR123's for all the US Battery Makers. I totally agree with you John Willis about using lesser brands. If you stick with SureFire, Panasonic, Duracell,Rayovac you will rarly if ever have problems with them.

That price is good for 12 batteries especially for sure fires.

One important thing with CR123's is NEVER use  a partially or almost dead CR123 with fresh ones. Especially with high output lights like Surefires. The current draw from the good cells trying to charge the dead cell can cause the battery to burst and flash like the laptop batteries that were recalled. Seriously it can and does happen more than you think

Offline Crusher13

• Survivor
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »
I have ordered from www.batterystation.com/cr123a.htm and had good luck. Sometimes the deals with the otter boxes are pretty good deals to get the batteries for a decent price and a waterproof box.

thefifthpython

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »
After using up my Duracell NiMH I have started using the new Sanyo Eneloop. I bought them first at Costco and they have worked great. They sell in AA and AAA sizes, and there are also sleeves that fit the AAs so they can go into C and D size devices. You can also order them on online shops.

Offline sdcharger

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »
+1  for battery junction

I love the Olight brand LED flashlights they sell too.