Author Topic: TSP Black Rifle Club  (Read 18496 times)

Offline dugin_yakima

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: TSP Black Rifle Club
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »
i just got a back rifle is this how to join lol
Grow+Prep+Store=Survive, Just a Dad with a Mission

Offline jaegersapper

• Survivor
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »
i just got a back rifle is this how to join lol
Welcome. You do know like rabbits, they do tend to multiply.

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Well, the bug bit, and a buddy of mine got a stripped lower a couple of weeks ago. I decided to build my own, largely from scratch. I'm having a few parts 3D-printed - specifically the ejection port cover/shell deflector. I'll be buying the barrel, but machining my own extension, receiver, bolt, carrier, and charging handle.

I'll keep y'all updated as I work through the build, but I'm doing a piston upper, with an ambidextrous ejection port/charging handle option - anyone else find the standard AR-15 rear-mounted charging handle kind of wonky?
You can't run away on a world that's round.
You're only comin' back to where you'll be found.

Based on thorough experiments involving kissing in the rain, exposing shoulders to direct sunlight, and dancing by the light of a silvery moon,  I have found that, within the bounds of frostbite and decency, hapiness is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing worn.

Offline jz12b

• Prepper
  • "ESSAYONS!" - Let us try! Engineers Lead the Way!
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
So very true.  ;D

And so very sad...Pelosi and her evil minions have a firm grasp on my state and most of the people in the cities around me.  I'm just thankful that I live in a small town, and socialize with rational, smart, and acutely aware individuals.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:02:01 AM by jz12b »
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed.
The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive.
If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy,
the forerunner of death to the public liberty...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance?
Let them take arms.
The remedy is to set them right as to the facts,
 pardon and pacify them.
What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? 
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jz12b

• Prepper
  • "ESSAYONS!" - Let us try! Engineers Lead the Way!
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:37 AM »
Be proud to join if you guys will have me!  I hope living in Connecticut isn't a disqualifier  :o
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed.
The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive.
If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy,
the forerunner of death to the public liberty...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance?
Let them take arms.
The remedy is to set them right as to the facts,
 pardon and pacify them.
What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? 
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
I am having difficulty containing my excitement.
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »
Has anyone seen www.lw15.com?

Molded ABS lower receivers, a friend has utilized the lower with CMMG, DPMS, and Del-Ton uppers interchangeably, even a .22LR conversion, with no issues whatsoever. Actually fits ridiculously tight with no wiggle/slop, and feeds reliably from just about every type of magazine he's tossed in it.

Oh, right, and they cost 99 dollars. Complete.

:o
You can't run away on a world that's round.
You're only comin' back to where you'll be found.

Based on thorough experiments involving kissing in the rain, exposing shoulders to direct sunlight, and dancing by the light of a silvery moon,  I have found that, within the bounds of frostbite and decency, hapiness is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing worn.

Offline hywaysurfer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • World-Wide Troll Hunter!!
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
I would love to be part of this "Black Rifle Club" also.

Just a side note - Anything you write  or agree on in the club could be used against you. Example - The TSP Black Rifle Club, (read firearms experts), has just confirmed that lever action rifles qualify as "Black Rifles" (read Assault Rifles) as do other Firearms. $.02

Putting Duct Tape on the bottom of magazines makes it easier to pull from a Military pouch. 

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
Anything you write  or agree on in the club could be used against you.
Well, yeah. And having a couple of bricks of .22 makes you sound like a "tin-hatter" when the local news media reports that you have thousands of rounds stashed away among cases of stored food. That's why you shouldn't say things you don't mean and won't stand behind. You should also follow the Frank Sharp rule of staying away from stupid people in stupid places doing stupid things.

Putting Duct Tape on the bottom of magazines makes it easier to pull from a Military pouch. 
But Magpuls makes them look way cooler and they are less susceptible to getting nappy from the dirt and sand.
"Bureaucracy doesn’t rhyme with idiocy and lunacy for no reason, my friend." - AngusBangus 2014

The 4Bs of Anthood:
Bullets - Check
Beans
   Short Term - Check
   Long Term - Whole lotta work to do, but growing every day.
Bandages - Almost to "comfortable minimum"
Brotherhood - Creating community one conversation at a time

Offline devildog78

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »
There is no official Black Rifle Club. I was just playing around one night and thought it would be cool to have a badge to show my love for the guns.

Why....Do you guys want a real Black Rifle Club?
Nice badge I must say.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2012, 10:27:57 PM »
AR-10, more precisely, LR-308 18" bull barrel, quad rail, vert grip, bipod, quick-release mounted Aimpoint & 3-9x50 (Mississippi terrain doesn't call for a scope too often vs game). I keep the Comp M3 mounted on top and ready to roll with frangible JHPs as a backup/extra self-defense weapon. 1 mag swap away from a deer slayer.

I think I'm in? If not, as the TSPBRC logo says, Molon Labe...

Never mind... added an M4 to my rack and one for each of my boys. I'm in. :)
"Bureaucracy doesn’t rhyme with idiocy and lunacy for no reason, my friend." - AngusBangus 2014

The 4Bs of Anthood:
Bullets - Check
Beans
   Short Term - Check

Offline The Fireant Prepper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Del Ton Inc AR-15
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am interested in purchasing an AR. The local shop has a Del Ton complete factory build rifle with a factory lifetime warranty for around $675. They also offer a shop build AR for around $575. Given the interchangeability of rifle parts what do you think about about the difference in price for a factory build versus a shop build?

Online Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: Del Ton Inc AR-15
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am interested in purchasing an AR. The local shop has a Del Ton complete factory build rifle with a factory lifetime warranty for around $675. They also offer a shop build AR for around $575. Given the interchangeability of rifle parts what do you think about about the difference in price for a factory build versus a shop build?

Assuming parts on both are to spec, and competent hands assembled both, without knowing more details the shop build is the a winner on paper.  Get the cheaper one, and 6+ magazine with the money you saved.

Otherwise, it's impossible for people on the internet to answer such as question.

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

I personally would appreciate having the tender loving care of a local gunsmith putting my rifle together. I built my own... For $50, you could buy more than 100 rounds of ammo with which to train. Remember that (with the exception of the semi-auto fire control group) this rifle is the same rifle that we train 18 year-olds to disassemble and assemble as armorers in the military. The parts interchangeability is the same. You are paying for a brand name and perhaps 1 or 2 features that you probably can't identify and won't need unless you are going downrange. I'm fully behind saving money to spend on ammo etc.

The exception to my general cheapness based acceptably meeting standards does not extend to stuff being downright cool. For example, I picked up a couple of stripped Spikes lowers with Calico Jack emblazoned on them and was willing to spend an extra $10-20 bucks. I kinda dig pirates... I like the romanticized independent spirit of the Carribean privateers/buccaneers. Those are on my sons' rifles - kinda keep the independent fire burning in them when they look down at their rifle once I'm gone. Exceeds standards... but I wanted it.

The 4Bs of Anthood:
Bullets - Check
Beans
   Short Term - Check

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »
FireAnt,

It depends on who you have assemble the AR's.  I've seen quite a few "shop builds" that came to me to be corrected.  Things like loose buffer tubes, castle nuts not being staked, etc.  They get overlooked by "goonsmiths" that watched a video a proclaimed themselves competent.  Something that simple can have devastating results on your firearm (investment).  Steel threads vs. aluminum threads = stripped receiver threads.  The money you save may be spent on a new lower.  So be careful which shop is doing it.  Ask others about their experience with shop builds from that place.

For anyone who believes that Mil-Spec is Mil-Spec (and is correct), I recommend saving $$ by pricing your build from different companies.  The one I use and recommend (I have no affiliation with the company except as a customer) is:

http://www.sherluk.com/

This company is very "efficient".  Meaning, you aren't going to get a lot of communication from them.  What you need to know is that all their parts are made in the U.S., and when you order from them they will ship it.  If you're the type of person that needs a "feel good" email from them, and need an email tweeted to your smart phone the nanosecond it ships, you may want to find a different company.  Otherwise, I haven't found anywhere that beats their prices on individual parts.  Why pay more for Mil-Spec parts?
Nate
Military/civilian gunsmith/machinist
CEO and Founder of PermEscapes
PermEscapes
PermEscapes on Facebook

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
— Ragnar Danneskjöld, from Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »
"goonsmiths"...
That's me. I know I CAN do it. But I let someone else assemble the upper, which I find more difficult than assembly of the lower.

If you're the type of person that needs a "feel good" email from them, and need an email tweeted to your smart phone the nanosecond it ships, you may want to find a different company...
Quote of the day

The 4Bs of Anthood:
Bullets - Check
Beans
   Short Term - Check

Offline The Fireant Prepper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »
Yeah, I know it is hard to get into specifics on a forum thread with limited info. I haven't had a lot of experience with a shop build but have purchased several items from them and haven't ever had a problem, but like I said I haven't had them build me a gun. I guess it was kind of ambiguous question about whether anyone feels like they are sacrificing anything not having a "factory build". Its will be my second AR, the first being a DPMS. I guess I just need to bite the bullet so to speak and get it done. Thanks for the input.

Offline PrepperJim

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
    • Winter Ant
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »
I think I can join this club. I purchased a M&P15 OR this week. I'd like to add many things:

1) I ordered Troy Folding front and rear sights.
2) I want optics beyond that. I am considering EOTech Holographic sights. There are just so damn many choices. Oh, and a 3X magnifier. Maybe.
3) Gotta have a sling (single point, multipoint?)

That is what I am looking at. I'll let you know what I end up doing. Suggestions welcomed as always.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:49:14 PM by PrepperJim »
Member Support Brigade since 3/19/2011
Blog: http://www.winterant.com

“Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.”

? Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Online Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
I think I can join this club. I purchased a M&P15 OR this week. I'd like to add many things:

1) I ordered Troy Folding front and rear sights.
2) I want optics beyond that. I am considering EOTech Holographic sights. There are just so damn many choices. Oh, and a 3X magnifier. Maybe.
3) Gotta have a sling (single point, multipoint?)

That is what I am looking at. I'll let you know what I end up doing. Suggestions welcomed as always.

What are your thoughts a conventional 2 point 1 1/4" USGI style sling?  It's a bit old school, but can you go wrong for $15 or less?

Offline PrepperJim

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
    • Winter Ant
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
What are your thoughts a conventional 2 point 1 1/4" USGI style sling?  It's a bit old school, but can you go wrong for $15 or less?

I bought one for my 10/22 and my thoughts are mixed. Mind you that no one has shown me how to use it properly. Besides, what is the fun in using something that has worked in combat for a long time versus urban-tacti-cool-single-point-bungy-never-gonna-see-action-sling? :-)

Member Support Brigade since 3/19/2011
Blog: http://www.winterant.com

“Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.”

? Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • A geeky American country boy with an AR-15 slung o
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog

Offline Canadian Prepper

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »
Does a Norinco AR15 copy count, or does that simply make me a Communist sympathizer? I've seen the exact same version on news footage of the Iraninan military (distinctively cheesy furniture that has been replaced on mine).

Sadly, in Canada AR variants were classified as "restricted" firearms putting them in the same category as handguns, which subjects it to stricter transport and storage requirements and means that I can only shoot it at the range. The 870 clone with 12.5" barrel in the woods just isn't quite the same......(it's also "black" btw).

This "black vs. assault rifle" categorization can get confusing. I've got rifles/shotguns that would be restricted by "assault weapons bans" that aren't "black" and black coloured guns that would probably fall under that radar. Are we still talking anything that Nancy Pelosi doesn't like?

Online Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2012, 01:04:56 AM »
If Nancy Pelosi had her way, cub scouts would be declared terrorists for shooting BB guns at summer camp.

Offline Prep pal

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
Can I get in on this also.
 I have the evil infamous bushmaster xm15
 An Imbel FAL ( actually a good one. Put together by one of the best gunsmiths in CT)
And a Savage 320.

I kinda hesitated posting living here but what the hell.

Offline Duc1

• Survivor
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
I would like to join but I'm not sure I qualify.  I only have 8 black rifles.  I read somewhere earlier in this thread that black rifles tend to multiply like rabbits.  They absolutely do. 

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »
I keep checking the safe, and they haven't been breeding. I keep having to adopt to increase the family.
I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children.

Offline Leftout

• Prepper
  • In SE MI now, but looking to "walk" to Tenn
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
I have put together my black rifle and got it together just before the chaos of last year where it made all parts and ammo disappear for a bit.

It is a New Frontier lower with a Palmetto upper. NATO BGC on in it. 

Came out to be just under the $700 mark.

Have not as yet even got to take to the range due to ammo still being out of this world, but will at some point.

I was also able to get 10 30rd mags for $90 for this as well.

Ammo and then optics are next for it.
I miss America

Online Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »
I'm also keen on an PSA upper.  Let us know which rear sight you end up with.   I can't decide if I should get a cheapo MBUS or splurge for a Troy or similar.