Author Topic: How do I change gauges?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Skip

• Prepper
  • Hello!
How do I change gauges?
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »
I went to what they called a sportsman's flea market today at the VFW, which is small anyway, and addmission was only $2, but thought what the heck, lets check it out.
Well I bought a mec 9000 but its set up for .410 and came with all the parts for 12 gauge.
Also came with the book, but the book don't tell me how to change it over.
I am new to reloading, I was going to get a lee load all when the weather got nice but this was to good of a deal. ($200)
I know that I could turn my money back around if I feel I bit off more than I can chew but I know this is supposed to be a good press and I'd like to learn how to use it entirely.
Can someone point me to a good source for instructions, besides the manufacturer, I've already been there of course and that's the same book it came with that don't tell me how to change or assemble it just how to operate it.

Offline Skip

• Prepper
  • Hello!
Re: How do I change gauges?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »
I couldn't figure out how to edit my post to add pics but here they are.
They kinda suck cause I can't find the camera and wifey is at work so I can't ask her, so I had to use cell phone.

the press:

And the Box O parts:

Offline r1kk1

• Prepper
Re: How do I change gauges?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 04:08:23 PM »
Skip, I hate too say it but call MEC. Those guys are great. They will rebuild your press for nominal fee. It has been years that I did a gauge change and now settle for one press per gauge. Shotgun presses are not for the timid to change gauges on. Only Spolar and to a lesser extent Dillon and P/W are easier to change gauges on.

I would call them,

r1kk1