Author Topic: February Drawing Results  (Read 2394 times)

Offline sawtac

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bert the Turtle
    • Sawtooth Tactical
February Drawing Results
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »
I processed the drawing today and the winner is:

PAprepared

Congrats!  I sent an email to PAprepared and am waiting for a return email so I can get it shipped.

Thanks to all who participated!

Note: How the winner was selected:

1. The entry information was imported into Excel.
2. The information was sorted to make sure no duplicates were counted.
3. The Excel function =RANDBETWEEN(x,y) was used.  x=1 and y=total number of rows.  This returns a number between 1 and y.  That number was the row that contained the winner information.

Offline PAprepared

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
Re: February Drawing Results
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
I have never won anything in my life and this kit is much needed! TSP pays off in so many ways! Thanks TSP & Sawtooth Tac!!!

I will post my review when I receive my kit.

Very cool. ;D

Offline PAprepared

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
I received my Ultralight & Watertight .5 this morning. It came USPS first class and was mailed on 03/02. Only three days to get it and not a minute too soon. This saturday will be the first above 50 degree day here in three months and we plan on taking a mountain bike ride @ Valley Forge Park this Saturday. ;D

The first thing I noticed was it was light enough and small enough to store in my bike seat bag (butt bag). Perfect. Inside there is a name/allergy/med/contact card, pretty smart. Equally smart is the color of the zippered bag it comes in, bright yellow. The Alosak waterproof bag looked rugged at first inspection, but then I noticed it is "tested and approved by the Navy Experimental Diving Unit", so that satisfied any doubts about toughness. I still threw it in the sink to check it's seal, not a drop got in.

The contents seem to be anything I would need on a day hiking or biking in the woods. I made a similar kit and it cost me twice as much as Sawtac's $10.49. And I didnt include items like forceps and Moleskin. The moleskin could have saved my right heel last summer biking through many miles of tough game lands up state! That mini shtf lasted about two weeks after the trip and included an infection...not good. So the Topical Adhesive and After Cuts is just sweet icing on the cake to me.

This is a great small weekend/backpack/EDC kit. I'm sure the Watertight .9 is equally impressive for longer treks and I will find out next pay day when I order a few more of these babies!

Thank you Sawtac, you will be seeing business from me for a long time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:37:26 PM by PAprepared »

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
Congrats PAprepared. so close to PAthfinder . . . .

I've only ordered once from Sawtac (being unemployed has its downside!  >:( ), but the package arrived quickly, and when I opened it, I was surprised. I only ordered 2 things, but the box just kept emptying out freebies. A truly great company to work with and order from. A belated thank you.

Offline PAprepared

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:45:55 AM »
Congrats PAprepared. so close to PAthfinder . . . .

I've only ordered once from Sawtac (being unemployed has its downside!  >:( ), but the package arrived quickly, and when I opened it, I was surprised. I only ordered 2 things, but the box just kept emptying out freebies. A truly great company to work with and order from. A belated thank you.

Hey PAthfinder,
                      Keep you head up about the job situation! I have three very close friends that are laid-off right now. We are all pitching in to help them, its hard on all of us. One even has a wife in remission from Leukemia. I try to keep their morale up by preaching that it's really a blessing. Use the time to start a small business or "get your house in order". Take and online course like the Permaculture one Jack talks about!

We started our own "friends and family" group for bulk buys... even stuff like groceries in times like this. The tactical stuff can wait, just keep a positive mind set and GO FORWARD.

Hope things turn around for you soon man.