Author Topic: Rocket stove with modern hay box  (Read 5918 times)

Offline teton traveler

• Senior Survivalist
Rocket stove with modern hay box
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
I Just got your dvd and love it. I really like the idea of the rocket stove that you show. I can see how it would make it much easier to find wood to cook with since you can use twigs. You mentions how you then can put the cooked food in blankets or a hay box. There a product called the eco-wonder oven that would work great with the rocket stove. It is at www.ecowonderoven.com. We have one and it is crazy how well it insulates.  It would be a perfect way to cook food without large amounts of fuel. Anyways, just and idea. Thanks for all of the great information.

Offline forestgarden

• Prepper
Re: Rocket stove with modern hay box
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:53 AM »
I'll check that ecowonder out.  Thanks for bringing it up.  the old cooler and blankets have worked great for us too though.

Marjory 

Offline vicbowling

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
I'll check both these stoves out, they sound really interesting. Right now I'm putting together some survival tools because I think a major economic crash is eminent. I want to learn more about food production and economical cooking methods also. I'd really like to be able to prepare my own garden foods just as a backup but I don't know enough about how to do that. I'm finding that just learning how to get a viable garden going to be a big challenge at the moment. I find the survival foods for camping and hiking to be really good but I think there must be more economical options out there. I would like to be able to dry food like you find at the hurricanestore but I don't know a good way to do that. Any suggestions?

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »
vic, Check out the food preps board here on the forum. There are more threads on dehydrating food than you can shake a stick at... from comparisons on different types of dehydrators (maybe on the gear board), to links to YouTube how-to videos, to successes and failures of various members... it's all here. You can definitely dry your own food, preferably from your own garden, learn how to store it properly for longest life, and then learn how to use it when you are ready all here on the forum...

Good luck, and welcome.