Author Topic: County Comm  (Read 14673 times)

Offline Zombie Axe

• Survivor
County Comm
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
www.countycomm.com

Lots of good stuff for your BOB/GHB at reasonable prices. Don't have any ties to them other than they are great folks to deal with and am a very satisfied customer.

Offline simpleguy

• Survivor
Re: County Comm
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »
Good Call, Love County Comm!!!!!!!  They rock.

Offline simpleguy

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
My bob contains their kevlar thread, their mil spec tweezers, and a their paracord.

Offline phil_in_cs

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:36:56 AM »
My name is Phil, and I have a County Comm addiction.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 10:37:55 AM »
They have good items, and are local to me, I could easily stop by and pick up an order on my way to/from work. Except they do not do 'will calls'. Everything has to be shipped. I feel they make up for their slightly lower prices with shipping. So I'm not quite happy with them....

Offline TimSuggs

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 12:45:50 PM »
www.countycomm.com

Lots of good stuff for your BOB/GHB at reasonable prices. Don't have any ties to them other than they are great folks to deal with and am a very satisfied customer.

Thanks Zombie Axe!  I have this thing for "keychain tools" and the Widgy's will fill a nice gap I have!

Tim.

Offline Brian Gallimore

• Prepper
  • Brian Gallimore
    • Brian's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »
That website is evil.  I was going to order a few airplane cable key chains for $2 each, and before I knew it an hour had gone by, my keyboard was full of drool, and my shopping cart was 3 pages long. 

I'm letting the shopping cart sit... no way am I buying that much stuff, BUT IT IS COOL STUFF!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:04 PM »
That website is evil.  I was going to order a few airplane cable key chains for $2 each, and before I knew it an hour had gone by, my keyboard was full of drool, and my shopping cart was 3 pages long. 

I'm letting the shopping cart sit... no way am I buying that much stuff, BUT IT IS COOL STUFF!

Quoted for truth...& because I frequently do the same thing. :-[ ;D

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 09:24:24 PM »
Quoted for truth...& because I frequently do the same thing. :-[ ;D

Unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems with CountyComm's Customer Service.  Bungled orders, misrepresentations about reships, ignored emails, failure to compensate for unshipped items, etc.

It's sad, too, because they have some truly unique items.  But I don't think I'm going to take the chance on ordering anything more because I have no faith that the items will show up or that I'll be able to have the situation rectified when it happens.

Truth is, if you look around, you can find similar products at, sometimes, lower prices.  It just takes a little digging.

The Professor

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
I live within a few miles of their location, but yet I have to pay shipping to buy anything from them. They have explained why, but I dont like it.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
I live within a few miles of their location, but yet I have to pay shipping to buy anything from them. They have explained why, but I dont like it.

Like many places, they make their money in inflated shipping costs.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 10:00:12 AM »
I recently tried to make a phone order with a company that's about 50 miles from my home. My father lives down the road from the place so I figured I'd have him pick it up and I'd just get it from him next time I visited. They wouldn't let me pick it up, so I asked about shipping and they said they used USPS and UPS. I figured that if I went USPS that it wouldn't be more than $5.00 with the "If it fits it ships policy". I asked for a price and they said that shipping would be $15.95. When I asked why it was so expensive they pulled the "Shipping and Handling" rigamarole on me. I said I'd let someone else "handle" my business, hoping that the potential of a couple hundred dollar loss in sales might change their minds. It didn't.

I understand that it's a business and someone has to pack up the box, print labels and so on, but a $10 add on fee for a 10 minute job seems a bit ridiculous to me.

It's one of the problems with shopping on ebay as well.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
When I'm ordering non time sensitive items on the interweb, I pay close attention to shipping costs. For places I like to do business with regularly I sign up for their e-letters and watch for shipping deals and order when the best deals come around. I also search for coupon codes for free or discounted shipping.

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »

. . .snip. . .

I understand that it's a business and someone has to pack up the box, print labels and so on, but a $10 add on fee for a 10 minute job seems a bit ridiculous to me.

It's one of the problems with shopping on ebay as well.

Well, honestly, I'm not all that worried about the Shipping and Handling.  I own an online business and have for 5 years, so I generally look at S&H before I place an order.  It's a matter of convenience, for me.  Am I willing to pay $10 (for example) to get this without driving all over town, etc.

My real problem with these businesses, and specifically CountyComm, is their "Customer Service."  Don't ignore me, don't lie to me and tell me you've reshipped something  and then refuse to answer any emails when I ask for a tracking number.

If you don't have an item, just freaking tell me and credit me back my money.   But these guys dragged me out until it was well past the PayPal limit for a refund or to contest the charge directly from PayPal.   And I have no doubt they did it intentionally.

What's worse, is that I was never an a$$ to them.  I constantly and politely asked for updates information, etc., and I was consistently fed a line of lies.  All for an item that was less than $20.

Like I said, I like some of their stuff, and I was even considering buying one of the Marathon Watches they have.  But I sure as heck ain't going to spend  as little as $20 with them, now, let alone the $700 for the watch.

I can get the items elsewhere, it just takes a bit of looking.

So, to anyone thinking about buying from from CountyComm. . .I wouldn't recommend it unless gambling is your hobby.

The Professor

Offline Dan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • MSB Founding Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 04:18:04 PM »
So, to anyone thinking about buying from from CountyComm. . .I wouldn't recommend it unless gambling is your hobby.

Thanks for the warning.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
Gambling isn't my hobby, nor have I ever been lied to by County Comm.

I've always received my orders promptly & without hassle or disappointment.

Too bad you had a bad experience, but whatever.

Offline The Professor

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »
Gambling isn't my hobby, nor have I ever been lied to by County Comm.

I've always received my orders promptly & without hassle or disappointment.

Too bad you had a bad experience, but whatever.

Well, I was a bit disappointed because they do have some neat stuff.  I was really hoping to get one of their automatic watches for daily wear and retire my current watch to the safe for special occasions.  I would not have gotten anywhere near as upset if they would have either admitted that they didn't have the product when I ordered it, put it on backorder and shipped it later or just credited the card back. 

But to claim to have shipped it three times (twice via a method they say they don't use (i.e., they claimed they shipped it USPS when they ship all their stuff via UPS)) and then the third time via UPS, but are unable to provide me with ANY tracking number (in fact, when I inquired as to the tracking number, they stopped responding to me).

The straw that broke the camel's back was their most recent attempt at avoiding to respond to the last inquiry.  It's so adolescent that it's not worth posting here.  THAT's what finally did it for me.  If they're going to make such an effort to refuse to make good on their promise for delivery, then other people need to know about them.

Heck, they even could have said something like "Hey, we don't have X any more, can we give you a credit on something else?" 

But they didn't even make the attempt.  If that's not worth notifying people on the board, I don't know what is.

The Professor

Offline cerakoter

• Prepper
    • www.cerakote.info
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 11:37:10 PM »
Professor,
Bummer to hear you got the runaround. I've bought from them for the past few years and never had an issue.  I even got good CS from them.  I bought a compass watch that broke, they replaced it, the replacement broke, they replaced it, the replacement's replacement broke, they gave me my money back no issues.

I hope you are not the norm now as I just spent $130.00 a few minutes before finding this thread.

Went there for a watch band and browsed over the NEW ITEMS list and kept adding stuff to the basket.  Happens every time!!

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »
I'm wondering if this thread should be moved to the "Industry Reviews" section?

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

But they didn't even make the attempt.  If that's not worth notifying people on the board, I don't know what is.

The Professor
Yeah, that's BS.  How much effort does it take to send an e-mail & be truthful?

I hope this isn't their new customer service policy...it's probably been a year since I've purchased anything from them.

Here's to hoping they pull their heads out of their arses.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »
I'm wondering if this thread should be moved to the "Industry Reviews" section?
Good idea!

;)

jakematic

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »

The Professor

Wow Professor, sorry to hear about your experiences.

I've been dealing with them for about a year and have never had a problem. Most recent orders were 3 weeks ago and last night.

County Comm always sends me a UPS Quantum View email within 24 hours of ordering, and another one after delivery has been made.

It's usually UPS Ground, is slow getting cross country, and not super cheap or free shipping. But then again I can't get most of the things they sell via Amazon Prime.

Offline cerakoter

• Prepper
    • www.cerakote.info
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
Order came through again, no issues.  :happydance:

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • #ImissAmerica
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
here is a site that has similar items of countycomm's:
http://www.endtimesreport.com/survival_shop.html

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:56 PM »
i guess I was lucky - ordered a few things a few weeks ago for the bug / pantry / boots (shoe laces from para-cord) and they arrived safe and sound.

Not the best packing in the world - but then you got to try a bit to bend some p38/p51 can openers.   By the time I ordered and had shipping notification was only 2 days.

Brad