Author Topic: Post Pictures of Your Bug Out Bags  (Read 487986 times)

Offline Mister Dark

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Post Pictures of Your Bug Out Bags
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:42 PM »
Not technically a BOB (Havent recently taken any pics of my summer BOB, I'll see what I can do next week) , but this is the GHB I have with me all the time. If I need to get home from work on foot, I am looking at a 25 mile walk. In other words, a nice overnight hike!

Before going too far into the GHB, I suppose I should mention my daily carry. 

Glock 19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, multitool, flashlight, bandanna, keychain (with a backup flashlight, can opener, spyderco dragonfly, and even a key or two), wallet( with a few feet of duct tape, some tin foil, occasionally a little cash, and a cool ToolLogic multitool gadget) bic lighter (no I dont smoke, its just easier than a firesteel) and spare magazine for the G19.

ok, with that out of the way, my Get Home Bag.

The bag.

5.11 PUSH messenger bag.  Not too big, not too small.  Holds everything I need for an overnight hike (yea, I hike with this) and is small and light enough (just at 11 pounds with water and food) that I dont have a problem carrying it with me every day as I go thru my daily errands.

stuff in(and on) the bag.

*In the misshapen green drybag is a fleece 50 degree sleeping bag - plenty enough for most of the nights we have round here in the spring thru fall.  cooler weather this gets replaced with a lightweight down bag, but the idea is the same. 
*Campmor poncho. This is the smallest quality poncho I have found that is large enough to both cover me in the rain, AND be used as a passable tarp for my hammock.  Love it so much I bought 3.
* sunscreen and bug spray.  Its the Carolinas, and its approaching summer. Enough said.
*Small FAK.  Celox, an Izzy, a few 3x3 pads, bandaids, aspirin and ibuprophin, and not much else. 
*Emergency blanket. Can be used for water collection, signaling, rain cover, and even to keep me warm if a cold snap pushes thru.
*Hammock.  I may as well be comfortable as I run away from the end of the world...

Water and food(kinda)

2 Liters of water on hand, a handful of purification tabs, a small Ti cup for boiling water, and 1200 calories worth of mainstay ration bars.  Not fun food, but enough to get me home.

Other stuff.

*Taurus 709 slim (yea, I know, but it works for me) with spare mag and a handful of extra rounds.) And yes, it means I have two firearms on me. Redundancy and all that, right?
*Ptec AAA headlamp
*spare bic lighter
*matches
*batteries, both AA and AAA
*large garbage bag
*50' paracord
*Coldsteel Pocket Bushman folding knife. 
*(NOT PICTURED, small prybar. I use it all the time, and forgot to put it back in for the pics.)

So, there you go. My Get Home Bag.  I hope I never have to use it. Comments? Critiques?

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
Maybe add some light weight gloves to help protect your hands.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Not sure what your BOB is for. Mine is gear more for a disaster like a house fire, leave the house in a hurry because of severe weather etc. Im not planning on heading to the hills for a few days.
So with that I would suggest to get rid of the following:
2 cans of beefaroni > replace with mountain house freeze dried pouches
2 mini cans of ravioli> """"""
Kaito radio and all those batteries
Gun cleaning kits. Shouldnt need unless you plan on getting into a lot of shooting senerios.if so you better add some ear plugs
Sewing kit
wire saw
remove half the ammo. 100 pistol and 60 rifle should be adequit
add some gloves.
add some toilet paper
This should lighten your pack some.
As I said this is just my opinion and trying to help you out.

Offline Doomtrooper

• Prepper
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
No problem thanks for the advice! Well I'm coming from a military perspective so I just went for what I knew on hand the bag is just a all cases disaster type of thing I put together. An if this was suddenly the only thing I could grab at a moments notice

Offline Texas Sawduster

• Survivor
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
I don't have pics of my BOB'S as of yet but I do want to ask a question. After looking at all of these BOBS does anyone wear glasses?
If so I beleive that it would be good to keep an old pair in a BOB.
What do yall think?

Offline az1

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
I don't have pics of my BOB'S as of yet but I do want to ask a question. After looking at all of these BOBS does anyone wear glasses?
What do yall think?

Extra glasses and a repair kit...I picked up at Walgreens... 8)

Offline Mister Dark

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
What do yall think?

Absolutely.  I wear contacts and usually have one spare set of lenses on me, but I keep a pair of glasses in my truck. I also have some older glasses that I should have in my BOB, but for some reason or another didnt include them in my last repack.  hmmm...

...now that I am thinking of it, I believe lasik may be my next big-ticket prep.

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
...now that I am thinking of it, I believe lasik may be my next big-ticket prep.

I did LASIK, best thing ever for me. Expensive, but can't explain how much better it is not to deal with lens and glasses.

Offline bomber800

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
+1 for LASIK. That was the best 3k I ever spent and is huge stress reliever not having to worry about being severely nearsighted and losing glasses in an emergency.

Offline zombiedeathdealer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »
MOLLE bug out bag ACU camo with ACU load bearing vest camle back compadible. 60 lbs' cuz im fuckn ready 95% done just need a rifle and hand gun. you are not really done though until SHTF!!!

medic bag <contents by the box(s)>

cotton balls
qtips
toothpaste and brush
Saline eye wash
wound seal
face shield (CPR)
gauze sponge
tweezers
medic tape
sting rel.
iodine tabs
ibuprofen
non-asprin
ear plugs
triangle ban.
antiseptic whipes
trip. antibiotic
alch. whipes
Ice pac(s)
nitril gloves
1x3 strips

B.O.B

Ka-bar baconmaker
Ka-bar ZK famine
m48 hawk
straight razor
(3) flashlights
multi-tool
(2) soaps < 50 washes each>
water tabs
(2)box's of matches   
electrical tape
compass
chapstick
(15) 8 hour candles
shemahg
roll of duct tape
S.A.S survival guide
full face 3M respirator
half face 3M respirator
(2) dust filters
(2) organic vapor filters
deck off bee playing cards ( shit hitting the fan might get boring at times )
Box of AAA batt
box of AA batt

Food

(2) M.R.E.'s
(6) small peanut butter
7oz of spam
top ramen
4 bottles of water ( not counting the 100oz in my bug out bags bladder) or canteen
a lot of salt and pepper a lot of napkins

clothes

wool socks
northface light weight trail pants
northface wind breaker
sweatshirt
underwear
shirt(s)
atomic solar watch gshock ( never needs battery's )
beanie
dust glasses or goggles
bic lighters

still need
fire arms
lock pick gun
bolt cutters
ciggs
maybe more food/water FUCK GLOVES dont need em i have man hands. and yes maybe some good thick para cord is also a must
 and shelter shit. psh i can make that out of anything there will be plenty of crap around for me to make due
 this is all for one person. i made my gf one  also. BE READY!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:41:40 PM by zombiedeathdealer »

Offline Medicineball

• Survivor
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
I admit, this setup looks like fun, but honestly, you've got way too much of everything except food, of which you've got way too little. if you plan to actually carry that load, you're going to blow through the calories you're carrying in one day. It would be easy to check: take the bag out for two days.

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:16 AM »
i have a lot food for me i think i need more water if anything and iv gone hikeing with it on sucks but doable. thanks for the help maybe ill grabe a couple more mre's

Offline wilddoc

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »
I have 2 thoughts looking through these.

1. These guys have way cooler shit than I do.

2. You can definitely tell who is military posting pictures.

Seriously though, I am really proud of all of the ex/current military persons in this community. It is great to see you using and sharing your skills and tech knowledge with others. I know some guys who have come back and not been able to put themselves toward positive goals/lifestyles. I can't imagine what they are going through, but very pleased to see to see your involvement. Thanks.

Offline SA Friday

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
GHB inventory:

Camelback Mule with water bladder
Military canteen in carrier with SS cup
Iodine and pH adjustment tablets (need to grab some ClO2 tablets)
Glock holster
50 rounds of extra ammo
Two Glock mags and dual mag carrier
Two compasses
One Topo map of CO (The big one with like 50 or so pages)
Two equipment carribeaners
Three climbing carribeaners
Crescent wrench
Pliers
Leatherman tool
Coleman LED flashlight
Headlamp LED/light, runs off of AAAs
Extra batteries
Signal mirror
SOG small hatchet
Cold Steel Tanto
Spiderco neck knife
Vargo SS wood stove
Vargo Ti ethanol/fuel tablet stove
Two bottles of denatured alcohol
Vargo Ti pot and pan
Couple of lighters
Mg fire starter
Pill bottle with vaseline soaked cotton balls
Emergency Blanket
Couple of pens and a little paper
Couple hundred feed of 550 cord
110 yd spool of 10lb kevlar fishing line
Misc heavy duty sewing needles
Medical/first Aid kit and Medium AFIK
Sone extra over the counter pain killers, Vitamin M, I think.
One stick and one tube of Carmex
Four Mountain House meals
Three packs of Energy Beans
Six pack of Clif Bars
One pair of 5.11 pants
Two pairs of good socks
One really long brown cotton scarf (wore it around my neck in Iraq), works great for at least a dozen things.
Leather gloves
Two military ponchos
One Woobie

I have spare shirts, a couple of hats, and an Italian wool blanket in the truck.  They'll get stuffed in the pack and the blanket strapped on the bottom.  I also have a couple MREs in the truck that I'll take.  I usually have extra cold weather gear, a couple of vests, and a good Gore-tex military rainy jacket that I can grab as needed.  The Gore-tex is always getting grabbed and either worn or wrapped around the wool blanket.

I need to put a small tube of Deet and a small thing of sunscreen in it.  I also need to throw some light Al tent stakes in there.  I also need to upgrade the primary compass as it sucks.  I'll probably replace it with one of my military compasses tonight while I'm thinking about it. Lastly, I will eventually get a MSR MOIX purifier pen.

Don't know exactly how much it weighs.  Don't really care.  It's lighter than the kit I wore in Iraq, and lighter than my BOB in Iraq too. 

Haven't figured out how to attach pics to this site yet...  It's just a Camelback Mule in DCU though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:07:32 PM by SA Friday »

Offline Medicineball

• Survivor
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
If you can carry that, you're a stronger man than me!

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
If you can carry that, you're a stronger man than me!
Unpack my adjectives: it was a heavy bag, it was a bulky bag, scary bag, harry bag...

;D

Offline atfan

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Here's some pictures of our "get home bags" rather than BOB's ....each of our cars have the same gear - single shot 20 ga and ruger MarkIII 22 pistol.The 20 ga shotguns also have chamber adapters to fire 410 shells.The guns go in the cars whenever possible and legal...We're looking at larger bags so we can increase food and extra clothing.

Love the single shots....

Offline Mister Dark

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
ATFAN, nice setup!  How much does the whole thing weigh?  I see the esbit stove and ss cup; what are you using for water purification?  (Or is this meant more as a afternoon-bag...)

Great setups everyone!

nelson96

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
Here's some pictures of our "get home bags" rather than BOB's ....each of our cars have the same gear - single shot 20 ga and ruger MarkIII 22 pistol.The 20 ga shotguns also have chamber adapters to fire 410 shells.The guns go in the cars whenever possible and legal...We're looking at larger bags so we can increase food and extra clothing.

I'm going a different direction on firearm's, but +1 for keeping with the same ammo on all firearms to support each GHB.

When you do upgrade to larger bags, I would suggest Eberlestock for the ability to scabbard the rifles.  They have many styles and sizes of packs, including many different ways to utilize a scabbard.

Offline Acornewell

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
Wow!  All of these are AMAZING!!!  As a newbie I feel a bit overwhelmed.

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
don't be. just start with the basics. ^ water is the best block to start building on. good luck man

Offline nano.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
@atfan - is that a stock replacement for a NEF Pardner? I have a single shot 12ga, and would love to modify the little thing...

Offline Hootie

• Written Word Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Just another day gardening in the heat of texas
    • Frozen Gardener
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
don't be. just start with the basics. ^ water is the best block to start building on. good luck man

I agree. Next to each BOB (in the car) is a case of water. Amazing how having instant access to water can give you time to think and plan your next step.

Are you going to carry a full case of water in a BOB scenario, probly not. But take what you need for the situation. In most non BOB situations, it is the most common thing I use and replace in my kit.

Going camping, bring extra water. Got a flat tire and your stuck waiting in the sun, grab a water bottle. Working all day outside helping a friend, stay hydrated. Cut your self working on the car, wash it out and tape it up.

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
Are you going to carry a full case of water in a BOB scenario, probly not. But take what you need for the situation. In most non BOB situations, it is the most common thing I use and replace in my kit.
I use powdered water.. much lighter.   8)

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
I agree. Next to each BOB (in the car) is a case of water. Amazing how having instant access to water can give you time to think and plan your next step.

Going camping, bring extra water. Got a flat tire and your stuck waiting in the sun, grab a water bottle. Working all day outside helping a friend, stay hydrated. Cut your self working on the car, wash it out and tape it up.

I do something similar, but it's single gallon bottles of water.  Much easier to carry and I can change them out rather easily every couple of months.

The Professor

Offline atfan

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
Nanodec...

Yes the stock is the "survivor" buttstock and the "storearm" forend made by Choate. Recoil in 12 ga is "sharp" with no recoil pad but if it would be a "carry alot, shoot a little " gun it would be fine ,I think...

Offline nano.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
Nanodec...

Yes the stock is the "survivor" buttstock and the "storearm" forend made by Choate. Recoil in 12 ga is "sharp" with no recoil pad but if it would be a "carry alot, shoot a little " gun it would be fine ,I think...

"sharp" I think is an understatement. I ran a couple slugs through mine once... don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon!
Thanks! I'll look around and see what I can find!

Craig

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
Just a friendly reminder of what should be in this thread.

I'm hoping some of you already have a BOB prepared. 

For those of you who do, I'd like you to post pictures of your bag & a rundown of it's contents.  I'm doing this with the hope that others will get motivated to build their own BOB.  For those of you who don't already have one, you might want to consider putting together some type of 72 hour emergency kit.  It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive, it just needs to be the basics to get you from point A to B if you need to evacuate.

Pics & contents in this thread only please folks. 

Go to the following link for discussion please.
What Do You Keep in Your BOB & why?

Thanks, folks!

Offline PowerJoker6.0

• Prepper
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
Here's mine!

Pack is T.A.D. Fast Pack Litespeed 2

Contents in pack and dry bag

Didn't bother taking pics of my tent and bag.

i just got the TAD litespeed 2 AND the EDC bags to set up for EDC/GHB/BOB/backpacking. good packs. now i just need to put everything together

Offline Prepper Recon

• Survivor
  • We don't have a lot of time.
    • Prepper Recon
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »
Here is my mag disassembled.