Author Topic: Received 5 gallon buckets from Sams  (Read 2632 times)

Offline littletea

• Survivalist Mentor
Received 5 gallon buckets from Sams
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
So I finally managed to get my hands on some buckets.  The only problem is there were no lids for the buckets. I saw some lids on beprepared.com - do these lids work with all 5 gallon buckets? I'm want to avoid the expense of a gamma so that's not an option.  The buckets I was given are used for frosting - are these sturdy enough to use for long term storage?  They don't seem quite as heavy duty as some of the buckets I used at a local deli.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Received 5 gallon buckets from Sams
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
I usually get buckets for frosting from Walmart and would assume they are the same type. I think they would be sturdy enough if you are using them along with mylar and Oxygen absorbers... they are what I use.

As for lids, they have always given me lids with the buckets when I've gotten them. There is some variation in lid size from one type of frosting bucket to another... my suggestion would be to measure the diameter of your buckets before ordering lids (either regular or gamma seal).

I agree that the gamma seal lids are a bit expensive to purchase for every bucket. However, I did order a 6-pack of them for buckets that I am using frequently... very convenient.

You might ask at Sam's in the future if they have the lids... they may have just assumed you didn't want them and ended up throwing them away.

Good luck!