Author Topic: Where does Tammy Gangloff buy her O2 absorbers, mylar, etc  (Read 16101 times)

Offline OKGranny

• TSP Pooper-Scooper
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Death from the knees down
Re: Where does Tammy Gangloff buy her O2 absorbers, mylar, etc
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
My apologies if I missed someone answering this question.  Does anyone have an answer for it?

Thank you so much.  Have a great day all!  :)

This page helped me figure it out. Before that I was going way overboard on 02 absorbers because I wasn't sure what size I needed.

http://www.sorbentsystems.com/order_O2.html

As you scroll down the page you'll see what sizes the different absorbers are used for.

Offline RadioKrafter

• Prepper
  • Get Lost, We'll Find You...
Another source for O2 absorbers, mylar, etc
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
I've bought both mylar and O2 absorbers from here before.  Very happy with the service and products.  They have a wide variety of mylar!

http://sorbentsystems.com/order_mylar.html

Offline Periwinkle

• Prepper
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
Thank you all so much for your help.  I do appreciate you taking the time to give me the info.
Have a great day all!  :)

Offline CountryRootsCityJob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Yeehaw :D (Unicycles require little maintenance)
    • Building Rome... as fast as I can!
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:53 AM »
Okay, i've read through too many posts...

Is there any way that we can post a spreadsheet of places to buy things like O2 absorbers/mylar bags/buckets/lids/paint cans?  That way, instead of having to search through all of these sites, there would be a master spreadsheet that we can all contribute to?  Some way of organizing all of this information so people don't have to scrub through the different forum threads?  I'd like to buy some mylar bags but can't afford to drop $100 on a pallet load of them...

-If I had time I'd do it for myself and then present it... but I don't right now...

~CRCJ

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
Great idea... I also don't have time right now... but will try to get to it when time allows.

Offline Dene B.

• Survivor
    • Country Consultant
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
Sorry I haven't been back to this post to answer questions about DC Sales bags..

I haven't experienced the issues some of you are mentioning with vacuum seal bags, but the ones I order are not smooth.. they have tiny ridges that allow the vacuum process to work. 

Here are the ones I buy:

6" x 10" Pint Micro Channel Vacuum Sealer Bags 100 count  Model # 30-0106-W
and
8" x 12" Quart Micro Channel Vacuum Sealer Bags 100 count Model # 30-0101-W

I have a really wimpy vacuum sealer and they still work for me.  My only complaint now that I am using them with foods that sometimes have "sharp" edges is that they are not thick enough and sometimes puncture.   I'm doing some research now for greater ml bags.