Author Topic: Cheapest Online Source of 5 Gal Food Grade Buckets  (Read 4384 times)

el hefe

Cheapest Online Source of 5 Gal Food Grade Buckets
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:23:44 PM »
Who has the best online price for 5 gal food grade buckets, with shipping cost considered?

Thanks

Offline MyBookie

• Survivor
    • The Left is as Bad as the Right
Re: Cheapest Online Source of 5 Gal Food Grade Buckets
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:40:09 PM »
I could spend thousands of dollars here.  Free shipping on orders over $99.  Their buckets are $6.99 and they have lots of different colors:

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/gamma_seal_lids_gamma_lid_products.aspx

Check out their whole site though.

Offline theadob

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »
why pay for them?  find a bakery, bagel shop, sandwich shop (think pickles), Wendy's, grocery store deli, etc.  I have literally collected hundreds of these over the years for free.  Most of these places look for people to take them because they add up and very few people need more than 5-10 of them.  My local bagel shop gets visibly excited every time i come in because i take all of them off their hands.  I usually end up giving them to other people filled with dirt and a tomato plant.

Offline Shrugger

• Prepper
  • Atlas shrugged, and then he bugged the heck out!
    • The Shrugging Out Podcast and Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
I usually end up giving them to other people filled with dirt and a tomato plant.

That is an OUTSTANDING gift, man.
Shrugging out:  Where "Atlas Shrugged" meets modern Survivalism.

Joe D.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 06:16:15 AM »
Who has the best online price for 5 gal food grade buckets, with shipping cost considered?

I really like both Uline http://www.uline.com/ and US Plastics http://www.usplastic.com for buckets/lids.  Their prices are certainly as competitive as it gets and they both ship fast.  I've ordered from both recently and couldn't be happier.  

All, or at least the 5 local bakeries I've visited in the last two weeks all said they now recycle their buckets and didn't seem at all interested in giving any away or holding them for anyone.  Possibly if I were a "regular" things would be different, having relationships with people/businesses sure can come in handy.  Now I wish I liked sugary baked goods more.

Joe D.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:21:59 AM by Joe D. »

Offline Herbalpagan

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »
I get mine from Tractor Supply or Home Depot. They are about $3 and the lids are about $2.
I'm always working to get ready.
shtfradio.com Thurs. 8 eastern
http://greensurviving.blogspot.com/

Offline Kanatz

• Prepper
  • It is what it is.....
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »
These are the cheapest FDA ones I've found yet.

http://www.affordablebuckets.com/5-gallon-plastic-bucke.html
"Miracles do not cluster. Hold on to the Constitution of the United States of America and the Republic for which it stands-- what has happened once in six thousand years may never happen again. Hold on to your Constitution, for if the American Constitution shall fail there will be anarchy throughout the world."
--Daniel Webster

,,, enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body & mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
—Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Du Pont de Nemours, 24 Apr. 1816

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."
-- Alexis de Tocqueville

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners"
~ Charlton Heston

Offline Sarey

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »
Tractor Supply? Hrmmm I will be checking that out. Thanks Herbalpagan!
I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter.²
    - William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

HumeMan

Offline Prag

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prag
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »
I realize it may be a regional thing, as I've read that some Walmart's and Deli's/bakeries don't give the buckets to customers, but around here it's relatively easy to find free 5 gallon buckets with lids.

I stop by my local WM or a regional supermarket w/ deli around 8 am on a Wed. or Thurs. morning when driving home from work. I generally manage to pick up 8-10 buckets per month, and have for a couple of years now. That's all I realistically need, and other folks seem to ask for them as well.
The "hanging tomato from a bucket" craze last year really stepped up a demand for them. :)

A prepper buddy of mine ordered his from a plastics company (sorry, but I can't recall the name of the company at the moment), along with a bunch of Gamma Seal lids. He has a cash flow that allows it, and limited time.

If you have the time and inclination, and live near a Walmart or supermarket with a deli...it could save you some funds. It makes a difference for our household and frees up funds for additional prep items.

Good Luck.

Prag
Prag

libertarian by Choice, Southern by The Grace of God
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."  Ben Franklin

Oath Keepers