Author Topic: Tubal Ligation  (Read 12923 times)

SurvivingCA

Re: Tubal Ligation
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »
I can’t believe how ridiculous most doctors are when it comes to this!  I just turned 26 and was lucky enough to find a doctor to sterilize me this past March, but I’ve heard countless stories of women (many of them a decade older or with several children already) who were turned down for sterilization and told they’ll “change their minds”.   ::)

I had the Adiana sterilization procedure done – it’s very similar to Essure, only with tiny silicone inserts instead of metal coils.  (I was all set to get the Essure sterilization back in 2008, but found out a week before the surgery that I’m allergic to the nickel used in the Essure coils.)  I’ve been really happy with the results  – I had my followup HSG x-rays done in July and confirmed that the tubes were 100% blocked, and I haven’t had any side effects thus far.

I would definitely recommend one of the hysteroscopic sterilization procedures like Adiana or Essure  - since there are no incisions, the recovery time is very minimal.  The actual sterilization itself did hurt, but it wasn’t horrible.  I had some cramping that evening (nothing worse than average menstrual cramps) and was able to go back to all my usual activities the next day.   The only downside is that fewer doctors are trained to perform these types of sterilizations, so finding a doctor that  1) knows how to do it, and 2) will agree to do it can be challenging.

Peacepiper, if you don’t mind me asking, what general area are you located in?  I’m sorry you’re getting so much resistance from your local doctors!  :(

Offline Kayzonara

• Senior Survivalist
  • No power in the 'verse can stop me being cheerful
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 05:12:17 AM »
I've heard horror stories even from friends that have children. One of my acquaintances has her two kids, "I'm done" and she's 34, no doctor will still do it.

I've been asking for one since I was 19. "Oh you'll change your mind." I'm 29 and still sure. Maybe I'll finally get one done by the time I'm 39.  ::)

Flagtag, A whole year without sex before he'd do a surgery? You're kidding, right?

I know!  I mean, one:  what does that have to do with anything and how is it his business, and two: How did he propose to check and make sure? >:(

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
I've heard horror stories even from friends that have children. One of my acquaintances has her two kids, "I'm done" and she's 34, no doctor will still do it.

I've been asking for one since I was 19. "Oh you'll change your mind." I'm 29 and still sure. Maybe I'll finally get one done by the time I'm 39.  ::)

Flagtag, A whole year without sex before he'd do a surgery? You're kidding, right?

Nope!  (Maybe that is why my brain doesn't function correctly now.  ::))
You better believe that it was a VERY hard task to complete. 
(But, I sure made up for lost time!  ;D)