Author Topic: Need your help ladies.  (Read 4257 times)

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
Need your help ladies.
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
There is a LOT I could vent on this subject, but since this is a written forum and not a spoken or personal forum, I’m not going to go into details.

I need to show in combat that I’m prepped and ready to receive my new daughter by the 25th of June. 

one way I can see doing this is to go outside  societal norms and produce something for my family that will just smack I’m the man for my wife and perhaps make her listen to me more than an alternative voice.

As simple and silly as this sounds I’m thinking about making burp clothes, and maybe a pillow. for little Rebecca, I am not a stranger to a sewing machine, and apparently I’m the only one that has thought about it, as the only reason why we own one is because I insisted on it.

I have used them in the past (and by pass I mean almost 17 years ago.)

Having said all of that, I’m a little embarrassed to admit, I don’t remember how to thread a bobbin

Please help.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: Need your help ladies.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by most of that post, but I will say that I DO understand not wanting to go into details.

And here is a video on how to thread a bobbin for ya, good sir:

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/9600-how-to-thread-a-bobbin

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »
Thanks sis, perhaps when your not so busy i'll fill you in.  the vid you sent was perfect, that's actually the machine I have.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:45:36 AM »
Thanks sis, perhaps when your not so busy i'll fill you in.  the vid you sent was perfect, that's actually the machine I have.

I'm never ever too busy to listen to a forum member's troubles and try to help, or at least be a sounding board.  Shoot me a PM if you wanna talk, brother.  :)

Offline OKGranny

• TSP Pooper-Scooper
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Death from the knees down
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:46:36 AM »
It sounds to me like you have some interesting family dynamics going on there. Find some cute flannel, about a yard and a half, machine stitch a hem all the way around it and you've got a great little washable blanket for Rebecca to lay on, chew on, and snuggle with. Rebecca huh? I really like that name.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
Rebecca huh? I really like that name.

Me too!  Soooo pretty.

MightyRunt

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
I know you weren't looking for sewing suggestions, but you did mention pillow in your OP. If it's not what you were originally planning, here's a pattern for a Boppy. Absolute necessity.
http://sites.google.com/site/sewityourself/

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
thats perfect mighty runt. 

Offline evilphish

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »
Me too!  Soooo pretty.

so do we.  Rebecca vigan.... just sounds right, never know though we may look in her face and she may end up with a diffrent one.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
my parents were convinced they had to look at each of us kids before finalizing the name...

Since your baby will be born heading in to the summer, I recommend making some very light seersucker receiving blankets... you absolutely cannot find them in stores, yet they are so perfect for those hot, sweaty summer days when you want to have something to wrap the little darling in, yet not smother them. Get about 1 1/3 yard (if the width is 45") and you'll have an almost square seersucker blanket... very inexpensive... very light and wonderful... easy to wash and dry.

Just do a simple hem on each edge (turn edge over about 1/4 " twice so the cut edge or selvage is not exposed) and stitch to finish.

Congratulations!!!

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »
Great tip about the seersucker blankets! We have a new little one joining the extended family and this would be perfect!

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »
my babies were born in NM... and it gets darn hot in summertime :)