Author Topic: Survival slogans...  (Read 18292 times)

Offline shadowalker

• Survivor
  • So much for cute and fluffy!
Re: Survival slogans...
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »
This has been fun so far! Lots of good entries.

One question: When is the deadline for this contest?

Whenever you want. How about the end of the month? That gives everybody plenty of time to put on their thinking caps, get brain lubricant (for me that would be iced spiced Rum) or do their tribal spirit dance to get inspiration. at the end Winner can send shipping address to a Mod they trust. Mod can forward to me and I'll ship it. If they are the paranoid type I'll send it to a Mod and the Mod can ship it. I'll use priority mail cause its cheap. Keep 'em coming.

Regards,
Shadowalker

Want proof that the worst Disasters all begin with man: Godzilla = 28, Tokyo = 0

Offline phuttan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Evil CO2 Exhaler
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
"When your worried or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."

An old Boy Scouts rhyme to remind you of what not to do.

Pat
Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.
-Valleix Herald

Live free, speak the truth, love completely, die hard.

Things change and we roll with it. We get back up and start over. Life goes on.

Offline I.L.W.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
"...and you said I was crazy"
I guess it only really applies after the fact, but then it will be the most satisfying slogan imaginable.

"Survival is the first step towards prosperity"
Good, but maybe a bit rhetorical, survival is the first step towards anything at all, excluding death.

Posted this in another thread, but it seems applicable:

I take no credit for the image, was found via Google.

That's another thing, images and symbols can extend or reinforce the meaning of a slogan and shouldn't be excluded from discussion.
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. – Ronald Reagan

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010, 02:24:03 AM »
Deadlines! They defy truth,
Look closely and you can see
Already I have won!
You can't run away on a world that's round.
You're only comin' back to where you'll be found.

Based on thorough experiments involving kissing in the rain, exposing shoulders to direct sunlight, and dancing by the light of a silvery moon,  I have found that, within the bounds of frostbite and decency, hapiness is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing worn.

Offline zackandjen2004

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
Don't "live for today."  Live today FOR tomorrow.
Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.  That is why the grace of God appeared to men.  It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior.  ---Titus 2:11-14

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Martial Tactical Training of Michigan
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
That's another thing, images and symbols can extend or reinforce the meaning of a slogan and shouldn't be excluded from discussion.

Very prophetic, especially considering the region that the ass-crack passes through on your pic!   ;D
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."     -Captain America

See my Examiner.com articles on Emergency Preparations: http://www.examiner.com/detroit-emergency-preparedness-in-detroit/donald-alley

See my Examiner.com articles on martial arts:  http://www.examiner.com/martial-arts-in-detroit/donald-alley

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
The grasshoppers laugh
As ants diligently work.
For both, Winter comes.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."     -Captain America

See my Examiner.com articles on Emergency Preparations: http://www.examiner.com/detroit-emergency-preparedness-in-detroit/donald-alley

See my Examiner.com articles on martial arts:  http://www.examiner.com/martial-arts-in-detroit/donald-alley

Offline ubergeek

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Numquam non paratus
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Two in latin that I like.....

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Numquam non Paratus - Never Unprepared
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.  
-John Stuart Mill

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know. -written on the wall of Hoa Lo Prison; The "Hanoi Hilton"

Offline Orionblade

• Taffeta Boy
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Blacksmiths hit it while it's hot.
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 03:38:17 AM »
Live today, prepare for tomorrow, and drink in moderation tonight... Unless she's ugly!
You can't run away on a world that's round.
You're only comin' back to where you'll be found.

Based on thorough experiments involving kissing in the rain, exposing shoulders to direct sunlight, and dancing by the light of a silvery moon,  I have found that, within the bounds of frostbite and decency, hapiness is inversely proportional to the amount of clothing worn.

Offline shadowalker

• Survivor
  • So much for cute and fluffy!
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Finally got my access point fixed and am back on-line. Contest is closed. Everybody pm me who they think put up the best I'll tally up the results and post in this thread for the winner to contact me and get their new knife!

Regards all,
Shadowalker
Want proof that the worst Disasters all begin with man: Godzilla = 28, Tokyo = 0

Offline Capt Cook

• Survivor
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
Don't sweat the small stuff!
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!
Don't believe anything you hear & only half of what you see!
Friends help you move. Real Friends help you move bodies!

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2010, 09:31:59 PM »
The only thing worse than not having vital supplies for your family in a crisis is realizing that you could have easily gotten them earlier.

You might be interested in the ten-book prepper novel series called 299 Days.  I, like, wrote it and stuff.  Prepper Press is publishing it.  Seriously.  Check out www.299Days.com.

"If you pissed away your time and energy watching football and herding the family to endless soccer games, well, sorry grasshopper." -- post by jasonthomas on TSP

Offline donaldj

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
Finally got my access point fixed and am back on-line. Contest is closed. Everybody pm me who they think put up the best I'll tally up the results and post in this thread for the winner to contact me and get their new knife!

Regards all,
Shadowalker

Has a winner been picked yet?   ;D

Shadowmonkey

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2010, 10:50:09 AM »
2nd ACR Motto:

Always Ready!

Offline inbox485

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 06:49:34 PM »
Invite Mr Murphy into your life and when you least expect it, he will kick you strait in the balls.
www.DeepRootsHomesteading.com

For now it is a blog for tips, tricks, ideas, and thoughts, but a full blown site is being built in the background.

Offline zackandjen2004

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
"If you're going to carry, carry for real" - DeltaEchoVictor
Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.  That is why the grace of God appeared to men.  It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior.  ---Titus 2:11-14

Offline Steaker

• Survivor
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2010, 03:29:00 AM »
Constitutional Carry ... Not carry with permit of any kind
SILVER IS REAL MONEY

Offline slujan88

• Prepper
    • Central Valley Survival/Preparation
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
The two I live by are:

Whatever works

and

"I'm doing what I can, with what I've got"
     -Bert Gummer from the movie Tremors
"Doing what I can, with what I've got"
                                   -Bert Gummer

Offline mangyhyena

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
Death sucks, so choose to live.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

I love how France and Europe are in the 'crack'. :D

Offline rustyknife

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2010, 05:48:13 PM »
Some of my favorites.........

1.)Common sense prevails
2.)Don't squat with your spurs on
3.)Expect the unexpected
4.)If everything around you suddenly becomes quiet, refer to number three
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

"Survival is a form of rebellion, living is the punishment" Mr. Smith from the movie "The Way Back"

"Those who would give up freedom for a little security deserve neither" Ben Franklin

Ride hard as you can, rest when you die
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "man what a ride!" Author unknown

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
I'm not dead yet!
"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get"

Offline Steaker

• Survivor
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
WE ARE ONLY 9 MEALS AWAY FROM ANARCHY  ...  Not mine  .. Borrowed from a different Thread ...  Sorry, I dont remember who to credit
SILVER IS REAL MONEY

Offline zackandjen2004

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »
"I am responsible for myself and for my life." -HenryM from the Grasshopper Apocalypse thread 

Offline johngalt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
"I'm a prepper...
You're a prepper...
Wouldn't you like to be a prepper too?"

Offline LdMorgan

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
Not all survive
in troubled times
the Wise prepare
the Gods decide

This is intended to be read five ways. Lines 1-4, lines 1-2, lines 2-3, lines 3-4, and finally lines 5 & 1.

I've written a fair amount of haiku, but always counted syllables. never did one based on word count before. Never had one come out like this before, either.

I store all my ammunition under my bed. That way I can get to it quickly, and if there's a fire I can escape through the roof.

The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse is an accountant. He will balance your books.

Offline LdMorgan

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »
It doesn't matter that my haiku is a late entry--I'd be happy if the contest never ended!

I really enjoyed this entire thread tremendously, both the slogans and the haiku contest.

I sometimes wish there was a poetry thread just for the fun of it here on the Forum.

Something where people could post everything from haiku and Limericks to ballads and sonnets.

Oops--I've outed myself as a serious poetry freak!  :o

(Oh, well!)
I store all my ammunition under my bed. That way I can get to it quickly, and if there's a fire I can escape through the roof.

The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse is an accountant. He will balance your books.

Offline DesertCat

• Prepper
  • Your firearm has no brain, use your own
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 02:54:07 AM »

Semper Gumby

(always flexible)

DesertCat
Semper Gumby
(always flexible)

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 06:04:43 AM »
"Never give up......ever"
Improvise-Adapt-Modify-Overcome

Offline Capt Nat

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »
As I write this, my father is not long for this world.  I don't know that these are survival slogans, but they keep popping up in my life at various times. When I was young and in need of advise, he usually offered me some form of cowboy wisdom that left me wondering what answer he was inferring.  I'll throw it out and let you ponder the application.

"There never was a horse that couldn't be rode, never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwd."

A couple others come to mind that are just for the smiles

"Son, there's two thangs I hate to hear,,, a grown man cry and a fat lady fart."

"Never seen an ugly woman or had a bad bisquit."