Author Topic: Solutions from Science  (Read 2297 times)

Offline MountainManIndy

• Prepper
  • My road to somewhere else... [where I grew up]
Solutions from Science
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
... Got onto one of TSP's sponsors... Solutions from Science...
Interesting place and their links and products are pretty cool. Got the seed bank and one of their DVD sets (the one regarding Food Storage...). The DVD set regarding canning is interesting (not a professional movie per se...) and they do cover the topic pretty well. Dehydration - pretty much the same. The Seed Bank though... is an outstanding selection of not-genetically-altered seeds ... i.e. heirloom seeds. Great for not only eating  :popcorn: (ok - I need to plant some first :badgarden:)... but if all goes well - let some of the product go to seed and I have a perpetual source - just need to make sure I don't cross pollenate with any of the modern hybrids   :trolls:.

Anyway - check them out... they also have a pretty good deal for a backup solar generator as well... More to come on that... still thinking about that one. But from an engineering perspective - it's an excellent design, easy setup, and sufficient power for my trailer... and/or some of my household appliances to combat power outages regardless of the reason. Definitely worthy of a look...  ;D

Offline MountainManIndy

• Prepper
  • My road to somewhere else... [where I grew up]
Re: Solutions from Science
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »
Ok - me being 'me'... checked some more on the Solutions from Science - solar backup generator 1800... ( www.mysolarbackup.com ) and went into some other sources regarding backup systems - even what it would take to get an equivalent - to include the batteries, inverters, 95 Watt solar panel, solar controller... etc., etc., etc... End result - I bought the Solar 1800... It's a SWEET system... :excited: (yes, I know - the initial price is a bit much - but it comparable - without the hassle of will-my-home-grown-cobbled-together-one work...).  It's a nice complement to my gas generator. Both are portable = translation: If I have to bug out with my travel trailer... attached to my truck - I have electrical power... both solar and gas generated. IF I want to stay put - which is generally a good idea... at least initially... I have sufficient power to run the essentials... and recharge marine/RV batteries too boot.

All in all - a nice system... worth checking it out... and a lot less expensive than most that I've seen (even the systems at Camping World that you install on a trailer or RV)...   ;D