Author Topic: Self Reliance Harvest 72  (Read 4365 times)

Offline jasperg357

• Senior Survivalist
Self Reliance Harvest 72
« on: May 08, 2010, 07:45:27 PM »
I just recently purchased two of the Shelf Reliance Harvest 72 food rotation systems, Thought I would post my opinion of the product in case any one is thinking about buying one. Placing my order with Shelf Reliance went smoothly the lady I spoke with was very helpful and polite. The only potential problem for some one placing a order is that they do not ship to PO Boxes you need a physical address, other than that ordering the shelfs went smoothly.I placed the order on the evening of the 27th of April the shelves arrived on the 6th of May. The shelves were shipped by Fed Ex in four separate boxes, shipping was $15. Not a bad price for four boxes being shipped from Ut To Ga. The boxes all arrived together with no damage are missing parts. There are no bolts are screws needed in assembling this system the metal frame locks into place but you will need a rubber mallet to seat the frames together, I don't think using a hammer would be a good idea but if that is all you have I would use a block of wood in between the hammer and frame so you don't have metal to metal contact. I assembled this system by myself  but having two people for putting the frame together would make things go quicker and adding the food rotation racks is pretty much a solo job. Just a matter of mounting them in place and adjusting them for the proper can size you are going to be using. Once you have the food racks adjusted you need to lock them in place with plastic snaps so they remain in place. Locking the plastic snaps in place was probably the most tedious part of assembly the shelfs tedious but not complicated. The bottom rack holds # 10 cans , 7 cans per rack. The middle row holds medium sized cans its suppose to hold about 11 cans but I only had a couple of those so I cant verify that for certain. The top 3 rows has 7 racks which hold 15 small cans and one rack that holds tuna fish sized cans, cant verify the count on the tuna fish sized can row since I currently don't have a but a couple of these sized cans but its suppose to be around 15 cans also. The shelves  come with magnetic food labels which comes in pretty handy, they also have about 6 blank magnetic labels  ones that you can write on in case you are storing something not listed. So far I am satisfied with this product  it seems to be a pretty sturdy shelf and it makes rotating your can goods very simple. I would also recommend adding wooden blocks on the bottom corners of the shelf ,once it is fully loaded it will be pretty heavy. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them the best I can.

jakematic

Re: Self Reliance Harvest 72
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
Thanks for the review jasperg357. I had pretty much the same experience except FedEx bent my uprights.

ShelfReliance was very nice about it and immediately sent a replacement set at no charge.

Two people definitely make it go together quicker, but I could have finished it myself no problem. I put two sets of coaster cups under each corner, one smaller inside one larger due to weight.

Really wish I'd bought two, one standard and one for all smaller cans, and possibly a third for all #10's. But that's a savings project for another day.

Have you found you need to adjust any of the rows afterward for different size cans? Had to on mine because it was a bit of a guesstimate on how many of each I had.

-Jake

Offline jasperg357

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
I had cans that I was going to store handy  and I used them to adjusted the selves when I assembled them. So far I haven't had to readjust anything. Knock on wood. The selves were a bit pricey even being on sale but in my opinion it was worth the money.

Offline NoRemorse

• BANNED
  • Prepper
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
I purchased a Shelf Reliance Harvest 72 today. Looking forward to using it, wonder how much it is going to cost to stock that thing up with local cans from the grocery store.

I am thinking about ordering some of the Thrive #10 cans though.

Offline jasperg357

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
I bought Two Harvest 72, I figure its going to take some where around 800 cans to fill it all the way up.

Offline dabucnut

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:34:34 PM »
I have two of the Harvest 72's filled now. And I'm working on the third with only #10 cans. It goes quick once you are in the groove. I picked the third one up from their "display model" section for about 35% off. It was white, and had some scratches but functionally perfect. Unfortunately fed ex did bend my uprights on the first one shipped, but Shelf Reliance sent a replacement part, and a gift card for my troubles right away. Good company and a great product.