Author Topic: Smith & Wesson  (Read 10615 times)

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
Smith & Wesson
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
I bought an M&P 9c with the Crimson Trace grips.  The gun is a good shooter, I don't really like the field stripping but that is an other matter.  With the gun you get two free mags by mail.  Much to my dismay they came with the non extended base plates.  I called Smith and Wesson on Monday and asked for the extended base plates and a key for the .44 mag. The guy asked for my address and said that he would get them out to me.  FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I got them on them on Thursday.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
Re: Smith & Wesson
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
Yep they have awesome customer service. Our dept has been with S&W for as long as I can remember. About 5 years ago the range master was thinking about going to Glocks. Glock was so stuck on themselves that we stayed with smith.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »
+1 for sticking with an American Co, Not that I think anything is wrong with Glock. I think they're excellent, but like you said they could lose the snooty attitude.

Offline TPM

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
Nice to see S&W a respected, US company again. They really got a chance that many do not; to come back from the brink.  It was not always well for them when they were owned by the Brits. There were a lot of problems being a British company including fear and some disliking of the company in years past when they were sued by US cities and then they made some bad deals with the government (Clinton admin). The Brits also were sometimes a strange lot, often afraid of guns. The guys who would come to this country would be shaking in their boots and hands trembling when they went to shoot for the first time. S&W has done some really excellent things and produced some great products since then.

Offline camo007

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:54:59 PM »
I own several S&W products including both handguns and rifles.  Great service and high quality products.  Highly recommended!

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »
I'm pretty well decided on the M&P line for my next couple of purchases (Both pistol and rifle) and articles like this make me even more confident in the products and services.

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 01:36:38 PM »
I had the same thing happen when I called them for a replacement cyl lock screw for my wifes Airweight. They get an A+ in my book ;)

Offline ironfourlife

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 06:37:38 AM »
Good to know I've been staying away from them (their new stuff) for some
time, looks like I need to check out the S and P line
Thanks

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
I'm not really a fan of their autos, but I love their revolvers.

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »
Good to know I've been staying away from them (their new stuff) for some
time, looks like I need to check out the S and P line
Thanks
Their M&P pistols are awesome.

Offline DesertCat

• Prepper
  • Your firearm has no brain, use your own
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Bought my wife an Airwieght 38Sp. with the Crimson Trace grips earlier this year. Excellent right out of the box. Solid reliability, good trigger feel...

After a very minor adjustment on the laser she was consistently getting 3 inch groups at 30 feet. Huge confidence booster for her.

I have also ordered stuff from their website, excellent service there too.

Offline RootStrike

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »
Ditto the comments above.

The M+P is outstanding pistol, in compact or fullsize. It feels great in the hand, aims true, and actually seems to have less recoil, maybe due to the heavy slide? Easy to field strip. I also got a deal to get 2 free mags. For the compact model, the pinky extension is way more stable. It is a 96-cent add on. I called to order, the rep just asked for my address, he sent 3 of them for free. I was even willing to pay. At the gun store the staff told me S&W has good customer service. So far seems like it. But if I never have to call them, that is a testament to the reliability of the purchase. Plus it is beautiful to look at, in my opinon. Both form and function.

Offline jason99

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »
I have several Smith's and love them. just wish smith would make a M&P the size of a Glock 19.

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
I have a new scandium Smith revolver and enjoy it. Just don't like how the power burns show and stain on that metal.

Got rid of an earlier model S&W 9mm semi-auto polymer gun because the trigger was horrific.

I have an M&P 15 which is solid, and reliable.

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
+1 on S&W.  Love my J-frame 442 revolver.

And that M&P Shield subcompact they just intro'd at the NRA show just went to the top of my gun "want" list.

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
Well it seems that i broke my M&P.  It is failing to extract empty brass.  Of course i have a class this coming weekend.  I ordered a return label so we will see if they take care of me.  Now i just need to figure out what i am going to do for the class.

Offline lawdawg

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
I purchased a mod. 640 a few years back. After a few trips to the range i found it had a few misfires"light primer strikes". I mailed it back to Smith an Wesson. They adjusted , cleaned, and polished it....and shipped it back...free of charge.

Offline 16onRockandRoll

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepper Wannabe
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
For those of you that have a tainted view of S&W polymer pistols, don't let the Sigma taint your view of the newer M&P's. Find one and pull the trigger.  It is so different from the pull on those entry-level Sigmas it's hard to believe there is any family relation. 

Offline DocRokRx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chemical Medic
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »
I dont (yet) have a pistol. but of the 6 or so I've fired. the fullsize M&P 9 just fit right in my sweet spot. It is definitely at the top of the list so far. and I too saw the Shield and immediately did a happy dance :)

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 06:17:24 AM »
When I was deciding on a carry gun, I was torn between a full size duty pistol (Like I carried for years) or a subcompact for the lighter weight.  Had I gone the full size, it would have been the M&P, ergonomically it fit me to a T in full size.  Can't go wrong with an M&P.

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
Well, I got my M&P back and it seems to be working.  I put about 100 rounds down range and it worked great.  It was the same ammo I was having trouble with before.  It took about 3 weeks.  The packing slip state that the barrel was modified and the extractor was replaced.  All in all I am happy!