Author Topic: TSP FRENCH PRESS MUGS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER  (Read 18392 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
Re: TSP FRENCH PRESS MUGS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 06:05:02 PM »
Thank you so much for your order, TBM!!!!!  :)

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »
Well it's really to save my dh's butt because I'm a grouch without fast coffee in the morning  - he always makes sure there's coffee for me. I'm so excited - there are many times I could have used this recently - like yesterday when the coffee pot died and I had to wait for perked. I'll be watching for updates as to when the order goes out. Thanks sweet girl for all you do!  Blessings TBM

Offline RUReady

• Prepper
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 06:31:55 PM »
   Watched Jacks video and than went to their site. They stated their coffee mugs are made in China not Montana. It's OK, everything is made in china now.
   Also, read the handles come off and you cannot repair them. Handles have a rivet that comes off.
  I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. Are these improved? If they are I would be interested in 2 of them.

Don't flame me too bad. I will pay to get quality gear.

Dave

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
  Watched Jacks video and than went to their site. They stated their coffee mugs are made in China not Montana. It's OK, everything is made in china now.
   Also, read the handles come off and you cannot repair them. Handles have a rivet that comes off.
  I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade. Are these improved? If they are I would be interested in 2 of them.

Don't flame me too bad. I will pay to get quality gear.

Dave

LOL!  You're not gonna get flamed for telling the truth, Dave.

Here is what I found on their website (just now) regarding their mugs.

Where are the products manufactured?
All our Planetary Design products are designed here in the United States and manufactured in China. Although we would prefer to have all the manufacturing done in the United States, in order to pass along the best possible prices while maintaing great quality, this provides the best option. However, we travel several times a year to our plant in China to ensure safe and fair working conditions for employees at the facility. We have excellent relationships with the employees there and feel that it is hands down the best manufacturing facility in China. As an additional measure and ongoing commitment to our local economy we also have quality checks done locally by an organization in our community dedicated to providing employment opportunities to handicapped individuals. In a nutshell, we feel as though we take every measure to provide quality products at affordable prices while maintaining integrity to our local and national economy and the environment as a whole.

So you're right, the mugs ARE made in China.  I'm glad I didn't use that as a selling point in the store.  I'll let Jack know that so he can amend the video.

I went and did a search for where you might have seen that the handles come off and can't be repaired.  I DO think that you stretched that one a bit.  Here's the full quote from that person:

...My problem with the mug is that about six months after owning it I noticed the handle starting to loosen, and then two weeks ago it came right off. Turns out there's only one rivet holding the handle onto the mug, and if that weakens or breaks - no more handle. I've tried to reattach it with Superglue but can't get it to stick.

My friend who owns the coffee shop where my mug came from tells me they've had this problem with three or four others out of the case they bought for resale. So while I love the idea, I probably won't buy another, because for $27 apiece I expect something well engineered enough to stand up to a bit of handling and for a bit longer than a year.

So he used it hard for less than a year, and then didn't try to get it replaced when he broke it.  He's a dumbass.  ;)

And Planetary Design's Response...

What is the warranty on your products?
We warranty all of our products against manufacturer defect for one year. As we do not sell retail, you must go through the retailer from which you purchased your mug. They will require some proof of purchase and will then deal with us on getting you a replacement. For the record, however, this does not occur often as our products are truly quite dependable.

So if you have a problem with the handle within the first year, YOU MUST LET ME KNOW!  I have all proof of purchases on hand, so you don't need to save anything.  You just let me know when you purchased it, and what your name is, and send me the product back, and I'll get you a new one FOR FREE.

Offline RUReady

• Prepper
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
 Thanks for the reply Sister Wolf. I will give one a try.
Dave

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
Maybe I missed it, was the pre-order a verbal here on the forum?  I do not see the mug on the gear shop...

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
Maybe I missed it, was the pre-order a verbal here on the forum?  I do not see the mug on the gear shop...

http://store.survivalpodcast.net/

Scroll down to Paypal button to order.

:)

Offline Periwinkle

• Prepper
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
Okay, so I have a question.  I'm going to be slightly nerdy probably, but oh well..............green is my favourite colour, so will it be available in that wassabi green that Jack had in the video?  Not like it matters, but being a female I sorta like to have things in good colours that I like.  *G*  (I'm sure only the other females will understand where I'm coming from in that view point.  LOL)

Thank you so much.

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »
Most excellent!!! my order for two is in!!!!  Thanks Sis and Truik

Offline ModernSurvival

• Just a Desperado Under The Eaves
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Liberty is precious, fight to keep it!
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
Friken CHINA!  DOH, I sincerely apologize for that.  

The bottom of the mug says clearly, "Missoula Montana, USA", that is why I believed it to be the case.  Again I am sorry for the mistake.  

Now on quality I am with Sis, they are damn well made, China or not, you could easily knock the crap out of someone with them and they are warrantied for one year.  A person that doesn't use a warranty and then complains, well I just don't know what to say.  

I'll put it this way anyone who is really unhappy send me your mug I will personally take care of your refund.  When you get one you will see why it is an easy promise to make.  Hell this is my product and I ordered two myself,  ;)

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
Okay, so I have a question.  I'm going to be slightly nerdy probably, but oh well..............green is my favourite colour, so will it be available in that wassabi green that Jack had in the video?  Not like it matters, but being a female I sorta like to have things in good colours that I like.  *G*  (I'm sure only the other females will understand where I'm coming from in that view point.  LOL)

Thank you so much.

Sorry they will be Chrome and black, no green.  The minimum order would kill us to add another color, but I could sell you mine with sticker included once my two chrome ones show up if you really want it.   ;D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »
Jack, I'm with you on this.  After reading that they're made in china, I freaking SCOURED the cup.  it doesn't say china ANYWHERE on it.  I believed they were made in montana until i read their manafacturer info.  ::) Oh well.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »
Jack, I'm with you on this.  After reading that they're made in china, I freaking SCOURED the cup.  it doesn't say china ANYWHERE on it.  I believed they were made in montana until i read their manafacturer info.  ::) Oh well.

Well when I saw this I checked mine and guess what a tiny little sticker that says china was on the rubber bottom. One of them little gold bastards about the size of two grains of Chinese rice.   The Montana label is clearly where the company is located and that is cool.  It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't screw it up in the video.  Oh well when the final units come I will rerecord and take that part out.

Offline Mr Ant

• Prepper
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
The mug looks great, I can't wait until they arrive.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply Sister Wolf. I will give one a try.
Dave

I just saw this!  Thank you for the vote of confidence!  :)  I seriously appreciate it, and if you have any other questions, PLEASE ask them.  :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
The mug looks great, I can't wait until they arrive.

Thank you for your order!!

Offline something_feral

• Senior Survivalist
    • Something Feral
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »
Okay, I've pre-ordered two; one for me, and one for my friend who is a "recent convert"... He ain't much of a coffee-drinker, but I'll get him some Pu-Erh or Oolong to go with it.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!  ;D

Offline Periwinkle

• Prepper
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »
Sorry they will be Chrome and black, no green.  The minimum order would kill us to add another color, but I could sell you mine with sticker included once my two chrome ones show up if you really want it.   ;D
Oh you are such a sweetheart Jack.  I would love to purchase that green one from you WITH THAT STICKER INCLUDED OF COURSE!  Are you sure you want to give it up though?  I'd hate to deprive you of that green that I'm sure you love.  *LOL*   ;D

Please let me know when your mugs come in and I'll send you the $$ for your mug.....and I'll order a chrome and black mug for my hubby as well at some point.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.   :excited:

Offline Olympic Wanderer

• Senior Survivalist
  • Not all who wander are lost. We just wish we were.
    • Olympic Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 01:05:41 PM »
Done and done.
Can't wait.
Keep up the good work guys.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
Thanks, Fugg!!

Periwinkle, just so's ya know, the mugs are going to go up in price (haven't quite decided where the price will land yet).  Ordering a chrome one now for your husband WILL secure the lower price for ya.

Offline drthumbs

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »
well damnit, ya got me. order done  ;D

now where is my mug

Offline The Wilderness

• The Patriarch of Lunatics
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
    • The Umbafa Chronicles
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »
Thanks drthumbs!

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 05:22:16 AM »
aahhhh...I can smell the fresh ground coffee steeping in the cup now.

Which begs the question: Is their a non-electric, campers version of a coffee bean grinder?

What's the best solution? Two, small flat rocks? Miniature mortar and pestle? The ubiquitous multi-purpose pumice stone?

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »
aahhhh...I can smell the fresh ground coffee steeping in the cup now.

Which begs the question: Is their a non-electric, campers version of a coffee bean grinder?

What's the best solution? Two, small flat rocks? Miniature mortar and pestle? The ubiquitous multi-purpose pumice stone?

Chew the beans.  That always works for me.  Plus it has the added benefit that nobody else wants to drink my coffee.   ;D

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 08:16:42 AM »
I say you need to get a hand grinder, like the one Kevin Costner uses in Dances with Wolves.

Offline Ezell

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »
I have been using the REI version (looks identical) for 3+ years now. I love it and the quality is no joke. I used it daily at the office cause the coffee they brew is lousy and it goes camping with me evertime. This is one of those products that if it did break or came up missing I would replace it without hesitation, and I now know where id be getting it. If I could justify the purchase id order one now, maybe just a TSP sticker for mine so i fit in with the cool kids...Thanks  for bring more good gear to the shop, keep it up.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
I have been using the REI version (looks identical) for 3+ years now. I love it and the quality is no joke. I used it daily at the office cause the coffee they brew is lousy and it goes camping with me evertime. This is one of those products that if it did break or came up missing I would replace it without hesitation, and I now know where id be getting it. If I could justify the purchase id order one now, maybe just a TSP sticker for mine so i fit in with the cool kids...Thanks  for bring more good gear to the shop, keep it up.

Ezell, thank you for the review!!  I'm working on getting TSP Stickers that would actually fit well on these mugs.  The round stickers are just a tad too big.

Offline ModernSurvival

• Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
    • The Survival Podcast
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
Oh you are such a sweetheart Jack.  I would love to purchase that green one from you WITH THAT STICKER INCLUDED OF COURSE!  Are you sure you want to give it up though?  I'd hate to deprive you of that green that I'm sure you love.  *LOL*   ;D

Please let me know when your mugs come in and I'll send you the $$ for your mug.....and I'll order a chrome and black mug for my hubby as well at some point.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.   :excited:

When I get my chrome ones you can have it for free in return buy a chrome one from sis and give it as a gift to someone to help spread the word, deal?

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
I sent this email out today.  If you did not get it, I hope you see it here.

Dear Valued Customer,

If you're receiving this email, it's because you've ordered a TSP branded French Press Mug.  When we started the pre-order, we said that we would not put the order in until we had enough pre-orders.  You responded in such huge numbers that we reached the pre-order goal fairly quickly.  Yesterday, we put the order in for twice the number of mugs that we originally planned to purchase.  That's when things went downhill.

The company from which we are ordering the mugs are OUT of the plain stainless steel mugs that we planned to order.  They will not get another shipment until July.  That's far too late.

We asked if they had enough black enameled mugs to fill our order, and they assure us that they do.  We know this is not what you ordered, and that's why we're emailing you.  The black mugs have the same specs as the plain stainless ones.  They are stainless steel with a black enamel coat.  The logo will be metallic silver, rather than black.

Basically, what we're talking about here is a switch of colors.  Instead of silver and black, the mugs will be black and silver.  We're including a photoshop mockup of the mug in this email.

If you are NOT happy with this, and do not want to go forward with your order, PLEASE respond to this email ASAP and let us know, so that we can cancel your order and refund your money.  I am very, very sorry that you are being asked to make this decision after you've already put your money on the line for us.

If you wish to have a live conversation about this with me (Sister Wolf) I will be available in the TSP Chat Room all day today (Friday, May 28th, 2010).

-Tiffany Rockwell
TSP Gear Shop
http://survivalpodcast.net
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:26:24 AM by Mr. Bill »

Offline swoods

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
I want one, I want one, I want one and in case you are slightly confused, I want one.

Thanks for all you and TW do for us!

I love this forum and so far all the folks I have "met" here and in person are fabulous.  ;D