Author Topic: Sensitive Skin/Allergies  (Read 4550 times)

Offline Jason from PA

• Survivor
Sensitive Skin/Allergies
« on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:27 AM »
Presently I am on Zyrtec.  If I go off of it, my skin starts becoming very irritated. I'll get rashes, hives, etc.  Scraping against my skin (ie: carrying a card board box and the edge of the flaps presses against my skin) will result in raises marks.

I've gone through some allergy testing. But it seemed pretty silly to come and pay $$$ so they could stick me with 20 random things to determine my reaction. (They refused to do a blood allergy test.)

I am just wondering if there are any remedies for this sort of thing.  In the mid 90's I worked at a chemical company and have long wondered if it might be a result of some toxicity.  I just know that the Zyrtec keeps it at bay most days. But if I go off, I become all itchy.

- Jason

Offline herbdoc

• Prepper
Re: Sensitive Skin/Allergies
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
Jason,

I had a similar experience - I worked as a janitor at my chiropractic college cleaning the cadaver lab (mopping up formaldehyde) for a couple of years and developed skin rashes (eczema) which was triggered by eating corn.  It took me a while to figure out that corn set it off, because some form of corn seems to be in just about everything.  One key to food allergies (which is often the cause of skin rashes) is that we become addicted to the things we are allergic to.  We also tend to become allergic to those things we are most commonly exposed to.  So when your body receives a toxic overload of chemicals - as it sounds like yours did - then the immune system can over-react with allergies. 

Try to figure out what foods you eat daily or crave. - Milk, cheese, corn, wheat, soy, eggs, chocolate are common culprits.  Then eliminate them completely from your diet.  You will want to cleanse your liver - we have a liver flush program that is described on our website. (www.westernbotanicals.com).  Skin problems can usually be traced to the liver (toxic overload) so toxicity comes out through the skin, irritating it and resulting in an itchy rash.

Boost your immune system by eating whole natural foods and staying away from chemically 'enriched' , processed foods and junk foods.  I have had success with many patients by having them use a green drink (such as our Earth's Nutrition) twice daily or drinking fresh carrot juice daily (add some beets, spinach etc.).

You many get some symptomatic relieve by using our Allergy Formula capsules.

Good Luck,

Offline Alpha Mike

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I'm preparing for a lack of imagination.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
I am in the same boat as you.  Without my antihistamines, I am no fun to be around.  I did go get tested by an allergist and am getting shots.  They do work.  My symptoms are less sever across the board.  No more sinus infections and I feel better overall. 
I found it helpful to get tested to just see what I am allergic to so I can try to avoid those items.  It does cost to get tested, but knowledge is power.   

Offline Jason from PA

• Survivor
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
I want to get the blood test done. As it seems so hit and miss sticking me with 20 needles to find out what I am allergic too. From the first battery I did, I discovered I am allergic to oak pollen and cockroaches.  I think I am actually happy about the latter allergy.

LOL