Author Topic: Berkey Light cracked at spigot hole  (Read 3002 times)

Offline mobilus

• Survivalist Mentor
Berkey Light cracked at spigot hole
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:09 PM »
My Berkey Light cracked at the spigot hole, and now it leaks all over the place.  It appears that Berkey should have beefed up the area at the spigot hole, as it is the same thickness as the rest of the plastic.  Repeated stress from use of the spigot caused the crack, because we were using it for a couple of gallons a day.  Seems to be a shortfall in the design. 

Anyone else ever have this problem? 

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
Re: Berkey Light cracked at spigot hole
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »
This problem is rare, but there is warranty,  how old is your berkey light?

Jeff

Offline mobilus

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:35:09 AM »
hanks for the reply!  It's less than a year, I know, but I'll have to research the exact date I bought it.  I was getting some water when I heard it crack, and took the spigot out to be sure...yep, it was a crack.  Now my wife and I are having withdrawals from the great water we're used to.

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
hanks for the reply!  It's less than a year, I know, but I'll have to research the exact date I bought it.  I was getting some water when I heard it crack, and took the spigot out to be sure...yep, it was a crack.  Now my wife and I are having withdrawals from the great water we're used to.

Not to worry, when you can, please call 888-803-4438 and ask if they will replace it under warranty.  Please let me know how things go.

theberkeyguy