Author Topic: private matters..... men read at your own risk  (Read 42633 times)

Goatdog62

Re: private matters..... men read at your own risk
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
13 Things PMS Stands For;

1.  Pass My Shotgun

2.  Psychotic Mood Shift

3.  Perpetual Munching Spree

4.  Puffy Mid-Section

5.  People Make me Sick

6.  Provide Me Sweets

7.  Pardon My Sobbing

8.  Pimples May Surface

9.  Pass My Sweatpants

10.  Pissy Mood Syndrome

11.  Plainly; Men Suck

12.  Pack My Stuff

and  my favorite one :

13.  Potential  Murder Suspect

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
I like #13.  Goatdog, did you have a chance to read the tampax thread (a boy made the thread, and it's hilarious)?  I think you'd find it amusing.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »
I'm so totally saving these webpages and converting them to pdf,
Gotta think of a future Mrs. Cave Dweller.
Also gotta find her first, but one thing at a time. ;)

sage0925

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »
Good for you, Cave Dweller! I thank the Powers for men like you (and my DH) who are interested in the well being of their SO's.

Good Luck in finding Mrs. Cave Dweller. And I mean that sincerely. Whoever she is, she'll be a lucky woman (like myself) with such a caring spouse. As far as I'm concerned, you can lurk on the "girly pages" anytime!

Winchester32

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2009, 11:49:08 PM »
13 Things PMS Stands For;

1.  Pass My Shotgun

2.  Psychotic Mood Shift

3.  Perpetual Munching Spree

4.  Puffy Mid-Section

5.  People Make me Sick

6.  Provide Me Sweets

7.  Pardon My Sobbing

8.  Pimples May Surface

9.  Pass My Sweatpants

10.  Pissy Mood Syndrome

11.  Plainly; Men Suck

12.  Pack My Stuff

and  my favorite one :

13.  Potential  Murder Suspect

Oh great, a gun packing PMS expert!   ;D

BTW, I like #1!!!! 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:03:29 AM by Winchester32 »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
Good for you, Cave Dweller! I thank the Powers for men like you (and my DH) who are interested in the well being of their SO's.

Good Luck in finding Mrs. Cave Dweller. And I mean that sincerely. Whoever she is, she'll be a lucky woman (like myself) with such a caring spouse. As far as I'm concerned, you can lurk on the "girly pages" anytime!
Hey, It's why I didn't mind being the only dude in the aerobics class ;D

sage0925

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2009, 12:31:07 AM »
Hey...great place to pick up chicks, I'd think...LOL

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »
Hey...great place to pick up chicks, I'd think...LOL

Yoga is a better place.  All the young hotties who like hippie stuff are there.  hippie girls rock.  ;D

sage0925

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »
LOL...yeah...yoga places would be good...or martial arts schools. Sister, WTF are you doing up so late? LOL

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »
Took a combat tai chi class, but I had the instructor all to myself.
Hippie girls should make pretty good best grasshopper to ant conversions.
I like a good do it your self project ;D

dang we got off topic fast. sorry.

sage0925

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 01:46:01 AM »
S'ok...I'm not complaining...anything to help a good man find a good ant...if you can stomach our PMS gripes, I certainly don't mind going off topic trying to think of a place to find you a nice ant broad somewhere.

Offline summer98

• Survivalist Mentor
  • This is a Floyd dog.
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
Hippie girls should make pretty good best grasshopper to ant conversions.
I like a good do it your self project ;D

Hey, don't just write off hippie girls -there are more hippies into survivalism than you'd think. I know a good five or six. I've been considered a hippie girl myself, and I ain't no grasshopper!  :D

I like #1 myself -pass my shotgun, indeed. And the tissue.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
LOL...yeah...yoga places would be good...or martial arts schools. Sister, WTF are you doing up so late? LOL

It was only 11:30 my time!  :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
Hey, don't just write off hippie girls -there are more hippies into survivalism than you'd think. I know a good five or six. I've been considered a hippie girl myself, and I ain't no grasshopper!  :D

me too!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »

I like #1 myself -pass my shotgun, indeed. And the tissue.

I ain't writing off hippie girls, I'm just saying that the hippie community has a lot of dormant survival leanings just waiting to be woken up.

Offline mamabear

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
Sorry to derail you back on subject, but the yogurt suggestions include using a tampon. I can't use a tampon, would there be any other suggestions on how to get the yogurt in there? I have only had like two yeast infections, one when I was preggers and one because of an antibiotic, but my sister has had several.

Also consider not using a tampon when you have cramps. I discovered quite by accident that was what was making my cramps worse. I ran out and had to use pads and my cramps were about half as bad as usual. Something about using tampons just make the cramps worse, at least for me.

sage0925

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2009, 11:52:33 PM »
water it down some and stick it in a douche bottle.

Offline HelenWheels

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hooah!
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 12:00:23 AM »
Sorry to derail you back on subject, but the yogurt suggestions include using a tampon. I can't use a tampon, would there be any other suggestions on how to get the yogurt in there? I have only had like two yeast infections, one when I was preggers and one because of an antibiotic, but my sister has had several.

Also consider not using a tampon when you have cramps. I discovered quite by accident that was what was making my cramps worse. I ran out and had to use pads and my cramps were about half as bad as usual. Something about using tampons just make the cramps worse, at least for me.

A small kitchen baster or a large-bore syringe would work.

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 09:07:43 AM »
What about the "syringes" that used to come with Monostat, etc.  I have not had a yeast infection in 14 years so I can't say if they still come with those.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »
What about the "syringes" that used to come with Monostat, etc.  I have not had a yeast infection in 14 years so I can't say if they still come with those.
They do but most cannot carry enough of a yogurt load to be worth much. Using a 12" piece of surgical tubing would be more efficient in my opinion.

sarahluker

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 05:08:22 PM »
A turkey injector (large syringe) would work, I think.  They load the seasoning liquid in a turkey before being fried.

Offline wyochrissy

• Survivor
  • Actually, no one owes you crap.
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
OK - There were a few here earlier on the thread wanting real life experiences, whether these ideas worked or not.  Well, a few weeks ago I tried the garlic thing for a mild yeast infection and it worked like a charm.  Reiterate: MILD case.  Don't know why some are worse than others - might have to do with how soon you diagnose it, or what type of bacteria takes hold . . . But, this one wasn't terrible - I've had worse.  But still a big fat annoyance!

So here's the advise I chose to take right here from this thread:  A clove of garlic wrapped in a small piece of t-shirt, damp with water, inserted overnight (12 hours).  Diced garlic soaked in olive oil for outside skin irritation.  Avoided sugar.  Reved up the good bacteria: took an oral supplement called Saccharomyces Boulardii that I had in my fridge from a UTI I had several months ago.

It worked like a charm!  Knocked it out right quick!  And no Monostat - that was the great part, because I hate medications, and would much rather treat anything naturally than with, well, whatever they make the other stuff out of!  And I was a little leary to do the yogurt thing - it tends to have a lot of sugar which I need to avoid anyway and seems messier.  Of course after two days of garlic someones comment of 'smelling like a pizza' kept coming to mind.  :D  But I was fortunate that I didn't have to be out much at the time!   ;)

AND . . . These are things I had on hand, and would probably have on hand in a SHTF situation, when I probably wouldn't be running to wal-mart!  (which I live 90 miles from anyway!)   ;)

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 03:21:27 AM »
It worked like a charm!  Knocked it out right quick!  And no Monostat - that was the great part, because I hate medications, and would much rather treat anything naturally than with, well, whatever they make the other stuff out of!  And I was a little leary to do the yogurt thing - it tends to have a lot of sugar which I need to avoid anyway and seems messier.  Of course after two days of garlic someones comment of 'smelling like a pizza' kept coming to mind.  :D  But I was fortunate that I didn't have to be out much at the time!   ;)

AND . . . These are things I had on hand, and would probably have on hand in a SHTF situation, when I probably wouldn't be running to wal-mart!  (which I live 90 miles from anyway!)   ;)
That is a good thing to note, when using yogurt you want the purest form possible, whole milk (or 2% if homemade of course) unsweetened plain stuff. Anything else and you risk making it all much worse. If it has sugar you are basically feeding the yeast so unless you want them to stick around, stick with the plain stuff. Hmm, I wonder if I should post a photo walkthrough of whipping up some yogurt at home. Anyone interested?

Offline wyochrissy

• Survivor
  • Actually, no one owes you crap.
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »
That is a good thing to note, when using yogurt you want the purest form possible, whole milk (or 2% if homemade of course) unsweetened plain stuff. Anything else and you risk making it all much worse. If it has sugar you are basically feeding the yeast so unless you want them to stick around, stick with the plain stuff. Hmm, I wonder if I should post a photo walkthrough of whipping up some yogurt at home. Anyone interested?

Oh - yes yes!  I would love to see how yogurt is made!

Offline mamabear

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Oh - yes yes!  I would love to see how yogurt is made!
Me too! Me too!