Author Topic: Franklin Arsenal tumbler warning...  (Read 3784 times)

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
Franklin Arsenal tumbler warning...
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »
I have a franklin arsenal tumbler set and I love it for the price.  http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/frankford-arsenal/catalog.asp?family=case-tumbler-kits

I paided like $50 for the set on sale.  But, it keeps crapping out on me.  The problem is with the way it is wired and is not hard to fix.

From the factory the incoming power to the motor is run through blade connectors and they are not soldered on.  The first time it popped apart I took the bottom plate off and found the problem right away.  I just put the wire back in the blade and crimped it down.  I figured that it was just a fluke. Well it has done it two more times.  At some point I will just soldered the wires together so that it can't come apart.

Just a heads up in case your tumbler stops tumbling.

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
Re: Franklin Arsenal tumbler warning...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
My Franklin EZ Tumbler has a manufacturing date of 6/25/08. It has been working for over 2 years no problems. Maybe the newer production are bad. Sorry to hear the bad luck.

Will Franklin take it back?

Offline RipTombstone

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Plum Creek Leather Works
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »
I have an older one too, but I think its marked Midway. It did the same thing, and was an easy fix once I got the turned over. Did the same thing, and just recrimped it.
RipT

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
My Franklin EZ Tumbler has a manufacturing date of 6/25/08. It has been working for over 2 years no problems. Maybe the newer production are bad. Sorry to hear the bad luck.

Will Franklin take it back?

Really it only takes 5 minutes to fix so it isn't worth trying to get it replaced.  The thing that really bugs me about it is that I tumble over night... Of course it kicks out after I go to bed but before the brass is super shiny so I have to tumble another night.