Author Topic: Rocky Boots :)  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Paulie

• Prepper
Rocky Boots :)
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
Need to give Rocky boots a big thumbs up.

About ten years ago I bought a set of boots for an upcoming hunting trip. The trip didn’t materialize and the unworn boots went to the back of both the closet and my mind.

A couple of months ago I rediscovered the still unworn boots. I had a hiking trip coming up and decided they would be ideal. Sadly when I wore them, the soles disintegrated. Over the 10 or so years, the soles had gone bad.

Highly annoyed, I decided to take this up with Rocky. After a few calls and email correspondence, Rocky exchanged the boots for new ones.

I give them 10 out of 10 for commitment to their customers. Good people and a good product.

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
Re: Rocky Boots :)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
I think I may have finally managed to finish mine off wearing them to the lake this weekend.  They are many years old and have suffered at my hands (or feet to be more accurate :) )  I would also give them a big thumbs up.  I wore mine everyday, 365 days a year through every climate Iowa can throw at them, hiked, fished, swam (intentionally and unintentionally).  They had survived years and years of abuse.  I am still keeping them as "Creek" shoes for wading and swimming but some of the rubber is cracking on the sides and exposing small bits of foot.

The best thing about them was, they were $139 boots and I got them for $39 on clearance at Thiesens.  Its the first pair of boots I feel like I need to bury out in the back yard with the old dog and the Ginnue Pigs and put a small cross up for  ;D.

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
I like combat style boots with zippers.  I have two pairs of Alpha Force zipper boots, and they are the only zipper boots that I have had that the zippers lasted more than a year.

Offline Crimson Wolf

• BANNED
  • Survivor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:42 AM »
I've been using Rocky's for over 20yrs now. It's one of the few boots that fit my feet well. (Size 15R) ;)

I used to cut lawns  and walked, literally, thousands of miles in these boots. Well made and take one hell of a beating.

;)