Author Topic: Merged Topic: Mormons Prepared For Hard Times: MSNBC Story  (Read 2385 times)

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
Merged Topic: Mormons Prepared For Hard Times: MSNBC Story
« on: December 26, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »
The Story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the AP

SALT LAKE CITY - Bishop's Storehouse looks like any other grocery store at first glance: The shelves are neatly lined with canned goods and the smell of fresh bread wafts through the aisles.

But there are no cash registers. The fruits and vegetables, just-made cheeses and milk are free — a safety net for those in need provided by the 13 million members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Edited due to copyright issues -- please see here for Fair Use info.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:16:21 PM by Mr. Bill »

AmadorShooter

Re: Mormons Prepared For Hard Times: MSNBC Story
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »
I opened my MSNBC homepage this evening and was greeted by the headline, "Mormons prepared for Hard Times"... Here's the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28392743/

The article was overall positive, and didn't portray Mormons or "survivalists" in a bad light.  In light of current times, the mainstream media may be a little more open to ideas and action of real preparedness.

The more people we can get into preparedness the better, in my humble opinion.  Maybe positive coverage like this will further that.

Just thought ya'll may find this interesting...

Chris
AmadorShooter

**Topic merged to prevent duplicate posts**
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:58:33 AM by DeltaEchoVictor »

Offline ZedHead

• Prepper
Re: Merged Topic: Mormons Prepared For Hard Times: MSNBC Story
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
Funny this is "news". This has been going on for years.