Author Topic: Cheap Training  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Guinness5

• Fledgling Prepper
Cheap Training
« on: August 16, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »
Just wanted to pass on a tip for those of you looking to find a good source of emergency medical training on the cheap. Check out sites like half.com and search for EMS text books. You can find a previous edition from the ones a college is currently using, and get them cheap because students have to have the prescribed most recent edition. The book may only be 5 years old, but can be picked up an insanely cheap price. These books will provide a lot of the basic first aid stuff, but also take you through the training that EMT's learn in school. You're not going to be EMT certified, and by no way benefit as much as by taking the courses, but you will perhaps have a better level of understanding and skill than the average person who takes a basic first aid class.

Offline drthumbs

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Cheap Training
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
when I was in school to become a paramecis I bought a lot of my books from half dot  com.  One text was $150 used in the school book store, but my wife found it for $20 on half.  It current issue and was in better condition than most that were in the book store.