Author Topic: Digital Gold Currency  (Read 1739 times)

Offline SpaceCaptain

• Prepper
  • All thine encampments are now in our possession
Digital Gold Currency
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »
Is anyone familiar with digital gold currencies or used them before? Companies such as Liberty Reserve, etc? I've only been learning about them recently, but have yet to actually use it. I realize they can be a bit shady, and I have no desire to do anything illegal. I'm just a big fan of keeping my privacy, and it would be great if I could be more anonymous when purchasing things online. Is there anything good about them, or are they not worth my time?

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Re: Digital Gold Currency
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:48 AM »
It's sad -- there was a time when a lot of us were expecting private digital currencies (including gold-based ones) to take over the world.  But e-gold imploded, and Paypal took over the online-transaction niche, and I've hardly heard a thing about digital gold for several years.

Offline tamo42

• Survivalist Mentor
    • The Primal Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »
Every company I've heard of that did this has been shut down by the FBI or basically prevented Americans from partaking.

Offline Awakened

• Prepper
    • Stumbling Homestead
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:58:55 PM »
Check out goldmoney.com, they are legit, and I've used them for about a year. They are audited regularly and insured by Llyods of London. They do charge a fee for holding the metal in your name, which is why I don't use them as much as I used to. The thing to be aware of, is that holding over $10K US in any foreign account requires that you report that account at tax time  http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f90221.pdf