Finance and Economics > Investing and Saving

I made my first silver purchase today!

(1/5) > >>

Spamity Calamity:
Took Jacks advice of buying a little silver every month. Its a kind of empowering feeling knowing that Im building real physical wealth. I want to order one of the ounce silver bars next month.

Ordered 20 pre 64 dimes off of Ebay. Total with shipping was $23.19 Howd I do?

wbo3:
Cool.  I went last week and purchased some.  I got two 4oz bars and five 1oz silver eagles.  My wife and I are actually going to purchase more later this week as well as some Gold Eagles.  With the gold, I will probably stick with the 1/10th ounce eagles so the $$$ will be more marketable should I ever need to sell.  A 1 oz gold eagle is over $1000, YIKES!!

ColdHaven:
Somehow I got away with getting 4 silver half dollars and two silver quarters for 25 bucks. At least 10 below spot.

Tactical Badger:

--- Quote from: Spamity Calamity on September 29, 2008, 07:55:38 PM ---Took Jacks advice of buying a little silver every month. Its a kind of empowering feeling knowing that Im building real physical wealth. I want to order one of the ounce silver bars next month.

Ordered 20 pre 64 dimes off of Ebay. Total with shipping was $23.19 Howd I do?

--- End quote ---

Congrats!  I feels good doesn't it?  Seems like a great price too.

leatherneck:
The nice thing about the silver dimes is that you can use them for smaller purchases. I'd hate to hand over a maple leaf for couple dozen eggs!  I have thought about getting some of the 5 and 10 OZ bars but I like the trade ability of the smaller 10z bars and pre-64 stuff. Even buying 10-20 coins at a time, you will start to accumulate a fair amount of really money before you know it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version