Skills I'm working on?
1. Leadership. just got elected to be chairman of the local Crime Stoppers. I've been a leader of a number of small groups over the years. This is an incredibly hard skill to do well. Still working on it.
2. Construction. At this moment, I'm taking a break from building a closet for my wife. Built a mortise and tennon bed last week.
3. Gunfighting. Just took 'Urban Rifle' by DTI. Came home and have continued to work on what I learned. Constantly honing the pistol skills too. Not just shooting, but dynamic gunfighting
4. Instructing. Only so much I can do myself, its good to be able to bring others up to speed. Just took DTI's Instructor class. Spent a day learning about teaching women. Been instructing for 25 years, but I'm still working on doing it better and better. My students deserve no less.
5. First/Self Aid. My weakest skill. Been through some basic classes, done some studying, just started incorporating apply aid in with the gunfighting training.
6. Driving. I don't just drive. I've been to EP classes and road racing classes. I 'practice' every time I drive. Situational awareness, thinking a head, looking for outs, picking the line, operating the vehicle smoothly.
7. Fire making. When I grill, I use wood from the yard rather than charcoal briquettes. I use primitive starting methods.
8. Bow making. Learned to make a stick bow last year. Have made several on my own since then. Have a stave curing right now.
9. Communications. this is a weak one. Wife and I got our ham licenses last year, got nice handhelds, but haven't really learned to use them. Need to figure out how to use the repeaters.
Those are some of the skills I'm 'working on'. I have varying levels of ability in them, but even the ones I'm very good at, I'm still working on.