Author Topic: Guided Hunts in Colorado for TSP  (Read 2566 times)

Offline monger20

• Prepper
Guided Hunts in Colorado for TSP
« on: September 03, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
TSP community, my family landed a Ranching for Wildlife (http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/RanchingforWildlife/) outfitter deal & I would like to extend an offer to you.

20 miles north of Craig on HWY 13 is the 21,000 acre Four Mile Ranch (http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/RanchingforWildlife/FourMileRanch.htm). From August 15 through December 24 we can offer Elk, Mule deer & Pronghorn hunts using any method of take.

Room & board is provided from a 3000 square foot lodge with all modern amenities. We employ a chef to provide all your meals & offer a complimentary bar.

For groups of four or more I can offer a 5 day hunt (6 night 7 days total with pick up and drop off from the local Hayden air port) for $3000. You can add a Mule deer for an extra $1000. If you would also like to take an Antelope I will add another 5 days to your hunt for additional $500.

TSP - for $4500 you can hunt 3 species in northern Colorado for 10 days - room & board included!

This thread was approved by DeltaEchoVictor

Offline monger20

• Prepper
Re: Guided Hunts in Colorado for TSP
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »
The first bull from the Ranch & what a hunt! We started on the Wednesday and filled the tag on Friday. Friday morning we ran with the elk for 3 hours before a shooter presented himself 31 yards from the barrel of a 50 cal muzzleloader only to be intercepted by a tree. That same night we interrupted this bull on his way (our way too) to a near by bugling bull. With the rut just beginning to kick off,  I can only imagine the hunts to come.

Sorry if you'll feel like I'm trying to advertise - just trying to extend a special offer. I'll just post a few good pics & stories from here on out.

I love this stuff!

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »
I'm so going to do an Elk hunt with my longbow before I leave this world.

This really does sound like a good deal for what's being offered.

Thanks for extending it to the members here. ;)  I hope someone is able to take advantage.

Offline monger20

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
Traditional bow hunting is where my heart is too. Last year my limbs warped on my recurve & haven't had the money to by a new one yet. I have only had two days with my compound this year & will only have time fore a couple more. Paying customers take precedence.

I'm looking for a new traditional bow. Do you prefer your long bow? Do have an inexpensive bow maker you would recommend?

Offline monger20

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »
Well the season was a huge success with one week to go. Every person I guided had a chance to tag out. We have 40 hunts already booked for next year. It was a lot of work but I met some amazing people, made many friends & shared scores of unforgettable hunts.

I called in 11 bulls during the rut. One was a 350 class 6x6 to 18 yards. I was guiding 2 friends & one nailed a a satellite bull @ 8 yards opening the way the the heard bull. The big brute spotted the tagged out friend moving (when he should have known better) & was gone in a flash.

I also spotted a 200"+ buck in a blizzard. Unfortunately my hunter was in poor health & unable to pursue the 2nd biggest buck I have ever seen.

A few pics from my camera. I'll collect some of the better pics from the season next week.

A bruiser! Both ears were healed w/ 4" splits & he had a fresh 3" gash well into his flesh.

Beautiful winter coats.

Billy, the other guide checking his age.

Injured Vietnam Vet - Most gratifying hunt I have ever been on. It was his dream to come to CO and hunt Mule Deer & Elk. He filled both tags!

I can't wait to have my turn with the predators. Big lions, Bob Cats, Coyotes & Badgers.