Author Topic: Baking with drthumbs' Venom Stove  (Read 2334 times)

Offline drthumbs

• Survivalist Mentor
Baking with drthumbs' Venom Stove
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:52:36 PM »
This method of baking has been around a long time and I have used it a number of times, but I had not tried it using an alcohol stove.  I figured that it would work well, and I was not disappointed.   I had planned to use bannock but discovered it had molded, so I used a biscuit mix instead

Materials

drthumbs' Venom Stove  http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=20061.0
Pull lid from a can of spaghetti as a baking sheet
Small rocks or small balls of aluminum foil
Canned chicken can with the lid cut with a side cut can opener so it can be used as a lid.  It happens to nest with a Nalgene bottle.

prep whatever you are going to bake as you normally would and place on the backing sheet.  Line bottom of of chicken pot and place baking sheet on the rocks. This will create a airspace under the item being baked, otherwise the bottom will burn.

Light stove, lid chicken pot and bake for normal time.  In this case 10 minutes per package directions.

The package said to bake at 425.  Not sure of the internal temp, but the outside got to around 350

After 10 minutes the top was a nice golden brown, the edges around the bottom were a little burnt, the bottom its self was nice and golden. The center was done just right.

Serve with a little honey

The pot and baking sheet used here are obviously to small to be of much practical used, but a slightly larger pot will work just as well.