Author Topic: Pelican  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
Pelican
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
I purchased a Pelican M6 Lithium light a few years ago.  I keep it in my nightstand to investigate those middle of the night noises.  A few weeks ago I discovered that the batteries were dead which was not expected.  I found the clicky tail switch had failed into a constant on mode.  I emailed Pelican and 4 days later had a new tail cap.  Quick response and nice service.

Offline Wrekz

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Pelican
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
I own two Pelican flashlights (a big ed and a stealthlite).  I've had them for about 5 years now and never had a problem with either of them.  Extremely well built and can take a heck of a beating.  If you are looking for a flashlight that has to perform when you need it to, I would definitely recommend them.

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
Pelican has always produced top-notch gear, and supported it.  I sure am glad companies have developed the LED tech as much as they have, though.  Can't tell you how many of my guys have almost caught themselves on fire when the Surefires on their duty gear were inadvertently activated when getting into the car.  You never realize it's melting your gear until you smell the smoke!

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:44:25 AM »
I purchased a Pelican M6 Lithium light a few years ago.  I keep it in my nightstand to investigate those middle of the night noises.  A few weeks ago I discovered that the batteries were dead which was not expected.  I found the clicky tail switch had failed into a constant on mode.  I emailed Pelican and 4 days later had a new tail cap.  Quick response and nice service.

I guess I'll have to ask again- the two emails I sent to them for the same issue went unanswered. 

I've already replaced with Fenix.